Home

Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

This is a discussion on Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #25
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

It's encouraging to see there are many people who still want that offline experience.

Granted this is mostly all going unnoticed by people who can really make a difference, I am wondering if anyone can think of a way to be heard, so to speak.

Can the Game Changers relay these concerns? Does an EA rep ever frequent this board? Can we email/mail/meet with EA and intelligently plead our case?

I don't want to sound like just another "gamer" on a pointless crusade, and even if we did get our point across nothing is likely to change, but I think it's worth a shot to try and show EA's higher ups that there still is a market for offline gaming.

This is bigger than just Madden if Peter Moore can prove his online theory is practical and lucrative.

When other companies see the potential to nickel and dime their consumers to death by strong arming them to be constantly hooked up, we all lose as people who enjoy video games. Hardcore or recreational.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

There was a developer on EA forums today answering questions about CCM. He's a big coach mode person, but they didn't feel they had that mode done well enough in the past. So, now they want to do it when they get it right.

He also said they will replace the features that have been removed either in patches or in future Maddens.

I would take Mr. Moore's comments with a grain of salt. He is not in charge of Madden or EA Sports, anymore, he higher up on EA food chain.

Plus, as Jimmi mentioned, he said basically the same thing a few years ago.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Oh, it gets better: You see, we as gamers are afraid of change and the only reason people criticize EA or him for that matter is because it's "cool".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...nt-Like-Change

Yeah Ms. Petey, that's right. That must be it. You have it all figured out.

Last edited by Flamehead; 08-29-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #28
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
It's encouraging to see there are many people who still want that offline experience.

Granted this is mostly all going unnoticed by people who can really make a difference, I am wondering if anyone can think of a way to be heard, so to speak.

Can the Game Changers relay these concerns? Does an EA rep ever frequent this board? Can we email/mail/meet with EA and intelligently plead our case?

I don't want to sound like just another "gamer" on a pointless crusade, and even if we did get our point across nothing is likely to change, but I think it's worth a shot to try and show EA's higher ups that there still is a market for offline gaming.

This is bigger than just Madden if Peter Moore can prove his online theory is practical and lucrative.

When other companies see the potential to nickel and dime their consumers to death by strong arming them to be constantly hooked up, we all lose as people who enjoy video games. Hardcore or recreational.
If I think long and hard about it, it's not ALL EA's fault with this one. I'm sure Microsoft made them a deal to push more towards ONLINE, they've gotta get their part of the cut in, too (XBOX LIVE is ALWAYS talking about how they're in the lead for ONLINE GAMING but yet they keep pushing the consumers to go ONLINE).

This is a prime example of what happens when there's too much money on the table, not just talking about EA/MS, but any other big companies/corporations all around the world.

Last edited by rockit; 08-29-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #29
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
thats because they are able to patch issues faster for online, since they use their own servers and offline patches have to go through sony/microsoft for approval.
Since this is the case it would only make sense to provide the offline user at least the ability to correct defunct ai mistakes. Editing and customization should have been high priority if for no other reason than the user can make adjustments they don't have time, money or resources to do.

Duplicate numbers
imported gameface
unrealistic roster moves by the cpu
depth chart issues
substitution issues

All of these posts would not be here if the user had control of madden offline, and everyone would be singing praise instead of already making wishlists.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #30
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Reading this makes sense. This is what EA does, it's almost as if people forgot who we are dealing with here. I mean they were voted worst company in america? A VIDEO GAME publisher....scary. So of course the same business practice would reach EA Sports ESPECIALLY Madden.

I have no doubt that editing rosters such as equipment, numbers, names and other small franchise standards that have anything to do with the customer (US) playing offline and alone is the LAST THING they want because they can't get to you from there. The devs left this stuff out ON PURPOSE. If you don't believe me, what other franchise this year is EA pissing off there customers with by nickle and dimeing them with DLC, premium passes, rented servers...It's not a conspiracy or EA being "evil" It's just good business or bad, depending on your own preference for what is acceptable when running a multi-billion dollar company.

I personally am not affected by this, I started losing my taste for BF3 about a week or 2 before the rented servers started showing up so I traded it in for the Witcher 2 and haven't looked back. And right at this moment installing Madden 13 that I RENTED for $3 on my 360 hardrive, what can I say? I wanna play football haha but damned if I'm gonna let this company bend me over like they did with Madden 10.
Just a quick thought on the rented servers. EA/Dice have been doing that since BF2 for PC I used to host a server, however EA wasn't the only ones renting servers for that game either and also you are talking about consoles here not PC but I just wanted to make a quick mention of that.. Not stepping on toes I hope.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

you CAN do online CC just 1 player and i guess its kinda like old franchise. but you still gotta deal with the ea servers and if it drops, you're screwed. was playing earlier and it dropped in 1st quarter of 1st preseason game so i gave up and went back to play now offline...

regretting buying this, and with the comments of moore and looman, only caring about online gamers this may be my last madden purchase [atleast on release date]

i bet next year the "new feature" added to madden will be franchise and everything they took out this year. they will be claiming how its new to the game and blah blah blah...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #32
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Being "online" doesn't have to mean playing online games. For EA, it mostly means being online so they can update your UI with ads, keep stats of your usage, and offer features like tickers and social networking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »