Home

Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

This is a discussion on Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #41
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There was a developer on EA forums today answering questions about CCM. He's a big coach mode person, but they didn't feel they had that mode done well enough in the past. So, now they want to do it when they get it right.

He also said they will replace the features that have been removed either in patches or in future Maddens.

I would take Mr. Moore's comments with a grain of salt. He is not in charge of Madden or EA Sports, anymore, he higher up on EA food chain.

Plus, as Jimmi mentioned, he said basically the same thing a few years ago.
No offense, Roadman, but it's funny that you take Peter Moore's words with a grain of salt and yet you seem to be willing to just take the developer's word for it on the future of Madden and CCM. It's interesting where people place their trust sometimes.

If you look at history, including recent history, and the development patterns of EA, they seem far more in-line with comments made by Moore than by this unnamed developer.

Now, I'm not saying Moore's comments spell certain doom for offline players or anything. But, whether Moore's deeply involved or not and whether his statements are new or not (and, on a side note, the fact that Pete said it before and we've seen further stripping of offline features since, doesn't really create confidence-so I'm not quite sure what the point is there) there's not much evidence to suggest what Peter Moore is saying isn't being seen in EA's general vision/direction.

On the other hand, I've been fed the same "get it right" catch-alls by random EA devs over and over and have several years of evidence of poor efforts. My point being, if I take anyone's word with a grain of salt, it's the developer who says we'll get X feature added/returned "in future Maddens."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Interesting, somewhat upsetting quote by Peter Moore if you're an offline player

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
And where is Franchise mode now?

They took it out of Madden, just like their taking out offline players now.
Well, according to the developer interview today, they want to put the features back in with either a patch or in future Maddens.

That's all we can hang our hat out for now.

Even Josh Looman said they are looking to get some type of editing back into the game in a patch.

We'll see.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 AM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
No offense, Roadman, but it's funny that you take Peter Moore's words with a grain of salt and yet you seem to be willing to just take the developer's word for it on the future of Madden and CCM. It's interesting where people place their trust sometimes.

If you look at history, including recent history, and the development patterns of EA, they seem far more in-line with comments made by Moore than by this unnamed developer.

Now, I'm not saying Moore's comments spell certain doom for offline players or anything. But, whether Moore's deeply involved or not and whether his statements are new or not (and, on a side note, the fact that Pete said it before and we've seen further stripping of offline features since, doesn't really create confidence-so I'm not quite sure what the point is there) there's not much evidence to suggest what Peter Moore is saying isn't being seen in EA's general vision/direction.

On the other hand, I've been fed the same "get it right" catch-alls by random EA devs over and over and have several years of evidence of poor efforts. My point being, if I take anyone's word with a grain of salt, it's the developer who says we'll get X feature added/returned "in future Maddens."
Understand your skepticism, but Looman stated that they are looking to get some type of editing back into a patch.

So, do you trust Looman's word?

I'm taking Moore's words with a grain of salt, because a) Never liked him b) he's further away from Madden than he was before. Also, I would think a developer of CCM is closer to the product than Moore, but maybe that is just me.

Just an opinion, though.

No offense taken.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #44
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Well, according to the developer interview today, they want to put the features back in with either a patch or in future Maddens.

That's all we can hang our hat out for now.

Even Josh Looman said they are looking to get some type of editing back into the game in a patch.

We'll see.
Okay, well at least it's a good start to see they are aware.

Fortunately gameplay has improved by leaps and bounds, but sadly the modes, or lack of, is deterring people from actually enjoying the game.

I would respect EA a lot more if they acknowledged their mistake and poor execution by including Franchise Mode this year or next for the people who don't enjoy C.C.'s
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 08-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #45
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Understand your skepticism, but Looman stated that they are looking to get some type of editing back into a patch.

So, do you trust Looman's word?

I'm taking Moore's words with a grain of salt, because a) Never liked him b) he's further away from Madden than he was before. Also, I would think a developer of CCM is closer to the product than Moore, but maybe that is just me.

Just an opinion, though.

No offense taken.
Short answer? I don't know.

I guess the difference here is I relate to one's words not based on how I feel about them, or even how I feel about the person saying them, but based on whether or not they ring true based on what I see. Right now, Peter Moore's words and EA's direction seem to match up fairly well.

As for distance from the development, I don't think that matters. If he is even part of who drives the direction of EA, then that direction will be felt regardless of his specific involvement. As for a developer being closer to the product, that's a given. I just don't think that matters either if actions and words don't match. If they do, great. We've mostly gotten generic or marketing-driven responses thus far though.

Like you said though, we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Soxfan, and for anyone else that wants to read this Q & A, this session, Dan Bekins, really gives out some good strong answers from people that were very disappointed.

This is where I received my information.

I took the easy way out and just scrolled to his name every time. No need to read every page.

I think he stops appearing on about page 8 or 9.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8925121.page

He isn't unnamed after you read this.

By the way, just saw your post above. No way his answers are generic or marketing driven. They are straight and to the point, IMHO.

We'll see, though.

Last edited by roadman; 08-29-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #47
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Soxfan, and for anyone else that wants to read this Q & A, this session, Dan Bekins, really gives out some good strong answers from people that were very disappointed.

This is where I received my information.

I took the easy way out and just scrolled to his name every time. No need to read every page.

I think he stops appearing on about page 8 or 9.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8925121.page

He isn't unnamed after you read this.

By the way, just saw your post above. No way his answers are generic or marketing driven. They are straight and to the point, IMHO.

We'll see, though.
Thanks. To be clear, I'm not saying the answer to "why is ___ missing" can realistically even be specific. My point is "we want to get it right" and "we're looking into it" mean little when not followed up with action.

So while, yes, DanBekinsEA, seems more direct than others, it doesn't clear skepticism (for me, at least) until it's followed by something actually being done. Now, if some form of editing is patched in and Madden 14 reintroduces what was left out in 13, some of that trust will be rebuilt. To your point and Bekins credit though, he hung in there pretty well, I agree.

We're veering away from the OP though, and I don't want to make this all about my skepticism. My original point was more in-line with the fact that Moore's words, unlike a developer saying "we're working on it," have some weight with me based on how EA has moved forward in recent years.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #48
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I mean how can you not like the guy? Look at his innocent cherubic face

This guy is the savior of video games for evar!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »