Home

Spoilers* - Generated Rookie Clones

This is a discussion on Spoilers* - Generated Rookie Clones within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
Spoilers* - Generated Rookie Clones

So I started a CCM last night just for fun, and I simmed the first season with the Chiefs. I just did the scouting and followed the draft stories to see how it all worked. Low and behold, a story popped up about a QB from Notre Dame.

5'11 190 lbs
Spoiler
No arm strength, but a good back story on how he did at Notre Dame.

I believe he was in Madden 10 as a Drew Brees clone. I thought it was pretty cool that they put him in the game. So I drafted him just for kicks, in my chise he was a 65 ovr. (I had strong arm QB selected for my scheme so I am sure his ratings would be different in a different system)

Anyone else find any clones or players from past Maddens? If Alex Hurst is in the game, I will trade the farm for him. He was my favorite generated QB ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Rookie

rockstar38's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Spoilers* - Generated Rookie Clones

You're right bro, I do remember him from HC '09, I play as the Saints pretty much exclusively across all platforms and I remember drafting him for Breesus to "groom" and take over after he retired. I'd love to find him and get him as an upgrade to Chase Daniels...lol.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Spoilers* - Generated Rookie Clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
So I started a CCM last night just for fun, and I simmed the first season with the Chiefs. I just did the scouting and followed the draft stories to see how it all worked. Low and behold, a story popped up about a QB from Notre Dame.

5'11 190 lbs
Spoiler
No arm strength, but a good back story on how he did at Notre Dame.

I believe he was in Madden 10 as a Drew Brees clone. I thought it was pretty cool that they put him in the game. So I drafted him just for kicks, in my chise he was a 65 ovr. (I had strong arm QB selected for my scheme so I am sure his ratings would be different in a different system)

Anyone else find any clones or players from past Maddens? If Alex Hurst is in the game, I will trade the farm for him. He was my favorite generated QB ever.
HA!

AJ Cleary is OS's own adembroski. It's NOT Drew Brees. Cleary is his mother's maiden name or something like that. He's a 49ers fan, so he went to ND where 49ers greats Joe Montana and Bryant Young went.

If you want to support OS, draft AJ Cleary!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I remember there were the clones and then the almost clones. IIRC the real clones were rated better than a 65. Then the clones they put in to try to trick you because they were close, you would draft them thinking they were awesome only to get punched in the gut with a 65 rating and C potential.

Are the old clones back in?

Trying to remember some names off the bat...J. English- Elway...wasn't there also a QB last name Rocker that was a Jake Locker clone.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcmac
I remember there were the clones and then the almost clones. IIRC the real clones were rated better than a 65. Then the clones they put in to try to trick you because they were close, you would draft them thinking they were awesome only to get punched in the gut with a 65 rating and C potential.

Are the old clones back in?

Trying to remember some names off the bat...J. English- Elway...wasn't there also a QB last name Rocker that was a Jake Locker clone.
These are the ones I can remember...I hope their back in.

Daniel Rocker = Jake Locker
Dane Marrow = Dan Marino
Kelly James = Jim Kelly
Cooper Reno = Peyton Manning
LeMarcus Taylor = LaDainian Tomlinson
JaMarion Bellows = Jerry Rice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Reviving this. Anyone found any obvious clones this year?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Anybody remember Tim Trebow?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

In one of the Storylines there is a player named Denny Thompson from Michigan , sorta like some Michigan guy... Denard Robinson?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »