Home

Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

This is a discussion on Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Fatigue and Auto Sub discussion

The auto sub being broken sucks. I was going to ask about the whole, can't we just turn fatigue up to force subs, but then realized after reading RGiles post that that would just make ALL players tired instead of the key positions we are trying to get subs at.

Eh...

Also I have seen the same thing with the injury bugs offline.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Your concern is realized as this is exactly what happens when you play against the Saints. Pieree Thomas gets 90% of the work.

Again, you can turn up fatigue, but good luck running the ball when your interior guards start getting subbed out.

Actually, there are some differences in online & offline CCMs. I haven't picked up on the all the differences, but things do seem to be tuned differently.

In my testing, I found that injuries are damn near broken in offline CCM. Sim injuries are rare, and players that are injured in-game and are scheduled to be out for weeks often don't hit the injury report. Thus they are miraculously healthy the following week. In my test online CCM, I've seen more sim injuries and my RB who was injured in-game did indeed remain injured after the game.

These are just some differences I've noticed in limited testing. They're supposed to be identical, but I think there are some tuning discrepancies.

I can actually answer the difference between the two, or lack thereof.

This game was coded in a modular fashion. Which means bits and pieces of the game are all interconnected and can be altered independently of each other. So at the fundamental level, offline and online are exactly the same. However, with the nature of how the game is coded and there being an option for it being online constantly, those modules can be altered and tuned to perform different outcomes than the offline model.

In short, online ccm is up-to-date and offline is not. Still the same game.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Several offline ccm issues have already been fixed in online ccm. There also have been some tuning updates to online ccm as well. Those fixes will be in a later patch for offline. Dan Benkins from EA detailed this in this thread before it got locked: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8925121.page
Old 08-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been remedying this since Madden 09'. It's a simple fix if you do play now offline. You set your HB SUBOUT to 86, HB SUB-IN 79. Then edit your Roster, ONLY THE TEAMS THAT USE 2RBs (ex.KC). Lower the starter's stamina to 60-70. The RBs will split carries whether you play as team or CPU controls team. I just played CHI vs TENN: Forte 16carries, Bush 12carries vs CJ 29carries.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceelo325ci
I've been remedying this since Madden 09'. It's a simple fix if you do play now offline. You set your HB SUBOUT to 86, HB SUB-IN 79. Then edit your Roster, ONLY THE TEAMS THAT USE 2RBs (ex.KC). Lower the starter's stamina to 60-70. The RBs will split carries whether you play as team or CPU controls team. I just played CHI vs TENN: Forte 16carries, Bush 12carries vs CJ 29carries.

Won't work in ccm =(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
Won't work in ccm =(
Exactly!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
Won't work in ccm =(
Thats why I said "if you do PLAY NOW , Offline"

maybe if they patch Custom rosters to start CC
Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

I noticed the same thing when my MLB was being subbed out after 7 plays...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »