Home

Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

This is a discussion on Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
^This. Fortunately if player editing is patched in, it's only an option. If it causes problems you simply don't edit anyone.
EA isn't going patch player editing if it breaks CCM. It's not going to happen.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Havent followed twitter, but has any discussion gone on about a first patch realease date?
september, but it's not in stone...no word on what it will contain either.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
With equipment editing, will be my fav madden since og Xbox
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

If you're going to disable the ability for users to edit their game, then you need to be on point with roster updates. It doesn't matter if it doesn't fit to their schedule, but damn, how long do I have to play with the outdated rosters before they decide to update? (TO cut, depth chart issues for QB battles lost/won, etc)

Anyways, good find on the topic of discussion. I don't really care about editing stats (attributes?), but i know David Wilson for the Giants either has a huge helmet, or really small shoulder pads. It looks like NFL blitz. I would love to fix it -.-;
Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
With full customization like 12, you could go through and change whatever you wanted. They should be able to come to a compromise. If full editing causes adverse effects, it can't be any worse than it currently is and if it doe create an issue, let the user know ahead of time what editing may effect and let them decide from there. Even if they have to make progression automated it would still accomplish what everyone wants. I would rather deal with issues I can fix, then to wait months for a patch.
And what if editing ratings caused CCM to freeze for everyone before year two and they couldn't figure out how to stop it? Wouldn't that be worse than it currently is no matter how bad you think it is. And automated progression would return franchise mode to that same old stale I know exactly what is going to happen in year two of my franchise.

I understand your feelings about editing as someone that played 2k5 up until thes year and completly edited rosters, but I also know that updating rosters and editing players caused the game to crash in between seasons. It was like flipping a coin to know if you were going to get one year in and have a dead franchise after updating rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
If you're going to disable the ability for users to edit their game, then you need to be on point with roster updates. It doesn't matter if it doesn't fit to their schedule, but damn, how long do I have to play with the outdated rosters before they decide to update? (TO cut, depth chart issues for QB battles lost/won, etc)

Anyways, good find on the topic of discussion. I don't really care about editing stats (attributes?), but i know David Wilson for the Giants either has a huge helmet, or really small shoulder pads. It looks like NFL blitz. I would love to fix it -.-;
Agree 100%. When I heard editing was gone I understood it was for the sake of getting CCM in, but I also thought this is going to put Moore's ratings directly under the microscope and errors in ratings and equipment were going to be front and center.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
Rookie

Trevor04Gt's Arena

OVR: 3

I just want them to fix RG3 so he actually has the equipment he has in real life. If they are going to mess that up so much, they should at least let us fix it.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I don't care about ratings/positions at this point but give us the ability for jersey numbers and equipment
Yeah...I'm pretty sure editing ratings and positions is a bit more integral to the actual game than jersey numbers and equipment, which is purely aesthetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »