Home

Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

This is a discussion on Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
And you know this how?
Because you can't break what is already broken?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #42
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
Probably? What makes you so certain? Do you have any "metrics" to back up your claim or is this just your "feeling"?
Well, you guys are both throwing around claims about "the majority" with having nothing to back you up. Of course, the vocal people complaining on twitter and facebook and forums are going to be the ones angry that something was taken away... This is basic common sense. The casual/online folks who have ever edited a jersey number or added some elbow pads in their lives aren't going to take to social media and scream that it's missing.

In my admittedly anecdotal experience, probably 80% of the Madden players I know play exclusively online or Play Now... They have never edited players in the past and I am pretty sure they aren't suddenly missing it now. The average Madden consumer, in my experience, is a much different animal than the average OS forum member.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #43
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Because you can't break what is already broken?
lol, its not broken

Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 10

All I need is equipment editing back and I'd be floored.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #45
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
The code is a mess? You might think so, but a few minor errors (and while the wrong equipment might be a big deal to you, in the grand scheme of things for EA it truly is a minor error) do not make their ambitious attempt a "mistruth".

Simply because YOU have problems with the game does not mean that the only real solution is to go back to the way things were. In fact, it is quite the contrary. Aren't these problems occuring for every facet of CCM? Therefore, by making changes which will undoubtedly come in a patch, as well as by making updates in each annual release, they can fix all of the problems with all of the modes (Superstar, Franchise, Online Franchise) at once. I would hardly claim that the game is too much to handle for the devs simply because of some depth chart issues or the inability to edit a player's equipment.

If you find the game unplayable because you have two players with the same number and you can't get the Bills' third-string Quarterback's socks right, then so be it--but to be so deluded as to think that that warrants a complete destruction of a mode that has made so much progress is laughable.
I'm not deluded. I'm simply reading these forums, other forums, facebook posts, twitter posts, etc. Allow me to finally say what so many want to say to me all of the time when I have a question: "Use the search forum tab."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I say probably because I know they have metrics about how the game is played, but I don't know what metrics they have. You don't just do things like this on a whim, you make decisions based on research, user testing, etc.

Eh...So your logic is based upon the premise "EA wouldn't have done this if they thought people would care". But quite obviously People do care!

I think that your logic is flawed. At best, I suspect the reason player editing isn't in is because they didn't have time to structure it the way they wanted to. Not because they believe people don't want it. The evidence strongly suggests that they KNOW for a FACT that people DO WANT player editing. Again this all comes back to whether or not you are paying attention.

Like I said before, if you have any inclination towards the truth, you would admit that a majority of people who are playing this game miss having the ability to edit players. Please put your attention on the key verb, "miss". I didn't say it was a deal breaker for people, but it is something that a majority of the madden buyer base has been used to for years and obviously care about.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #47
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a bad example of informed consumerism tho. The info about the closed nature of CCM was out there since June 13:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-you-away.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It all seemed too good to be true.

Now after this week's bombshells that you cannot edit players in connected careers or play any other games in the mode other than your own, it seems like the Madden team is once again forcing you to play your game their way. To me, this is a huge problem. Others of you? Maybe not so much. But let's hear it: Has the 'closed' nature of Connected Careers turned you away and/or cooled your enthusiasm about Madden NFL 13?

Sound off!

Why in the world would you buy the game if you knew that it didn't have the same options as old franchise modes, and more importantly...if you didn't know...who's fault is that?

Once again...I'm only against patching in player edits if there's even a remote possibility of the patch affecting another aspect of the game that operates as intentioned. And since we know the history of patches in the last half decade...I don't understand why EA would chance it for a featured that they TOLD us wouldn't be in the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #48
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

If you could just change numbers, equipment, throw styles and MAYBE, just MAYBE names too, it'd mean so much to so many people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »