Home

Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

This is a discussion on Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

Via Twitter, many of us have asked Josh Looman if player editing can be patched into Madden 13. Yesterday Looman responded saying that EA is "looking into it." Since I read that tweet yesterday, I have spent more time refreshing Looman's Twitter page than I have playing Madden.

Reason to be optimistic - Looman said that they're "looking into" adding player editing. He hasn't dismissed it in the same way that he did fantasy draft. He told us fantasy draft will not be in Madden 13, but he has not said that about player editing.

Reason to be pessimistic - This is EA we're talking about. With no competition to speak of, they may decide only to patch things that are absolutely broken, and not things that will appease customers.

If we strike gold and they do patch in player editing, the first thing I'm doing is sliding Peyton Hillis over to the fullback position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

Let me ask u tho, why not just make hillis #1 fullback on ur depth chart? Regardless of what his position technically is hes the same person wherever he plays.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I just hope that editing players doesn't somehow break the dynamics of CCM, since the two seem to be linked. I can live with editing a player somehow messing with his story line...I just won't edit players.

But I'm hoping that should a patch be released, it doesn't just effect the story line dynamic overall. We know how wonky patches can be.

I'm actually terrified of patches after what happened with NBA 2K9. The patch that caused bigs to hover around the perimeter and shoot if they got the ball. And we all know about the debacle that was NCAA 12 w/ patch-work. Sometimes the trade-off isn't worth it.

I dunno...I don't wanna be insensitive and say "just deal with it" but this has me leery.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I just hope that editing players doesn't somehow break the dynamics of CCM, since the two seem to be linked. I can live with editing a player somehow messing with his story line...I just won't edit players.

But I'm hoping that should a patch be released, it doesn't just effect the story line dynamic overall. We know how wonky patches can be.

I'm actually terrified of patches after what happened with NBA 2K9. The patch that caused bigs to hover around the perimeter and shoot if they got the ball. And we all know about the debacle that was NCAA 12 w/ patch-work. Sometimes the trade-off isn't worth it.

I dunno...I don't wanna be insensitive and say "just deal with it" but this has me leery.
^This. Fortunately if player editing is patched in, it's only an option. If it causes problems you simply don't edit anyone.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If it's patched, I don't see release of patch into the month of October.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

You are crazy if you think they are gonna patch it in.

Why would they?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Let me ask u tho, why not just make hillis #1 fullback on ur depth chart? Regardless of what his position technically is hes the same person wherever he plays.
On a personal note it really bothers me that if I put him at the fullback position on the depth chart, he'll take a hit in awareness. I won't be controlling him all the time and awareness is a big deal for players being controlled by the CPU (so basically it would impact his pass and run blocking because his awareness would be lower).

Also, if he were to make the Pro Bowl it would be as a HB not a FB. Even if I played him all year at the fullback position all season.

May not be a big deal to some people, but it pains me to play players "out of position" on the depth chart because of the awareness drop.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I just want to change jersey numbers and equipment. I guess changing positions is nice too though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »