Home

Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is a discussion on Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

Another positive really cool thing I just noticed was I'm playing my Jets vs. KC. I have Dustin Keller running a post and he splits the safeties. The strong Safety was over the top and the FS broke off and doubled Holmes on the right. I side stepped to the right and threw it to Keller. My pass sailed right a little and Keller actually made an adjustment, he had his body twisted to catch the ball on the left and actually turned and caught the ball on his right and then fell after a step. It was just so smooth and looked so natural I actually paused it, went up and got my son who was playing his own copy, and made him come watch the replay. That is just awesome. We both were just so psyched and my wife was actually laughing at us both.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Positive - Having Rhonde Barber wrap up the ball carrier around the waist while I fly in with Mark Barron and pound the RB in the back, as his body absorbs the hit and folds forward before snapping back then hitting the turf when a DLineman comes in to finish the play.
Bringin' the PAIN on Defense!
The fact that this is even possible makes it better than ANY football game before it.
Clogging up a run hole with the defense and having it look like it should in an actual game.
Gang tackling the Quarterback..FINALLY!!
Being able to push a blocker into the ball carrier, and have a plausible outcome.
I play on Very Fast and when I watch replays from the Endzone or sideline cameras it looks like the real game, especially with the motion blur.
On that setting the Speed of the game and impact ALL look true to life.
Hands down the best football game to date.
People have said that the IE isn't worth the $65 alone?
I say it definitely IS.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
I don't get what is "closed" about it. The only thing I miss from the editing is I would have done the Tavaris Jackson trade, and I'd fix jersey numbers. Me, personally -- I am one who wants to play with the rosters they give me, rather than have to use the edits of others.

If it takes this mode being "closed" to give me so much (scouting that matters, complete with storylines) a commentated draft, excellent gameplay, and more -- I'll take it.
I would say that the ability to go in and fix some stupid move by the CPU roster/depth chart management AI was consistently needed in M11/M12. While I wasn't a control freak with my franchises in years past... It would bug the crap out of me when teams had plenty of cap space but would let their best young playmakers walk... or when teams that didn't need QBs would draft 1st round QBs in back to back years. I had to do a decent amount of babysitting... not so much directly with the player editor... but cleaning up the messes of the AI. That is closed out now as well, or at least it's not readily available without jumping through hoops... And I'm a bit worried that by the 4th or 5th season, the CPU rosters are going to be jacked... and I'll stumble upon some random team that has three punters on the roster but only one QB.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I would say that the ability to go in and fix some stupid move by the CPU roster/depth chart management AI was consistently needed in M11/M12. While I wasn't a control freak with my franchises in years past... It would bug the crap out of me when teams had plenty of cap space but would let their best young playmakers walk... or when teams that didn't need QBs would draft 1st round QBs in back to back years. I had to do a decent amount of babysitting... not so much directly with the player editor... but cleaning up the messes of the AI. That is closed out now as well, or at least it's not readily available without jumping through hoops... And I'm a bit worried that by the 4th or 5th season, the CPU rosters are going to be jacked... and I'll stumble upon some random team that has three punters on the roster but only one QB.
I understand your point... but through the sims I've done, and the ones I've seen... this wasn't an issue. Sure, it'd be helpful, but it appears they've leaped ahead in the trade/free agency/team management engine. I'll probably do more sims tonight, and OF COURSE I'd prefer it if they reopened editing, but at the same time, I see why they closed it.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I want to give credit where credit is due. Regardless of how much displeasure I have voiced over connected careers and online play, I would be a total fool if I did not acknowledge the improvements EA made to this years game!

1. Graphics

Something about this years game just looks so nice. The players themselves look amazing, along with the lighting, weather, stadiums, crowd, etc... It all sucks you into the game on a whole new level.

2. Infinity Engine

There is not much more that can be said about this new feature. It is amazing. Every play feels so much more brought to life. And to think it is only in it's first year with Madden. The possibilities alone are enough to love this!

3. Presentation

Who doesn't love the new announcing team? The audio and stat overlays rock. It gets very close to making you feel like you're watching actual football on Sundays.

4. Uniform Selection

As a uniform snob, I was so excited to see my Vikings have an early 2000's set of HOME and AWAY uniforms! I love old school throwbacks and having even more for a lot of teams is incredible. It's a little thing, but I love it.

5. Legends

Although I may not play a lot of Ultimate Team or player oriented C.C., how can you not appreciate the legends included in this game? Plus having the Canton Greats available is pretty sweet.

So while Madden 13 may have it's flaws, mode related or gameplay-wise, it is still worth mentioning the progress it has made. Any rational person can see that.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 4

I'm loving my coach in CCM mode. Sure xps are kind of childish, but it's finally something new.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Love to know who all the morons are going around voting threads down...

One of the few threads that hasn't been a total cry fest, and with some decent talk, and you vote it a horrible thread?

Some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves... but not shocking with the level of maturity displayed here in the last 48 hours.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2

I love this game!! To the OP's point, it always has bugs, but making myself as coach and setting the players scheme to fit my system is awesome. Also scouting and the draft are a ton of fun. I haven't played many games yet, but I simmed an entire season to see the scouting and drafting systems, and I can say that this will keep me entertained for quite a while!

I made myself as a coach with gameface, and asked my wife to tell me whether i looked better with a polo or if i should suit up. She was not nearly as amused as I was. Haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »