Home

Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is a discussion on Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #41
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

@FlyEaglesFly3 G editing is apart of the game cuz...do yu see players wearing the same equipment their whole career??? smh...Anyway Madden is on the right track...just patch in editimg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #42
Rookie

I don't care how many excuses are made for EA, the ability to not edit rosters/players is enough ALONE to not spend 10 bucks on this game, let alone spending 60 on a game with a bunch of broken features....Nobody wants to play a game where Chad Ochocinco is stuck on the Fins and you can't do anything about it..Lol @ EA, its in the game...
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #43
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

@Moor i think the rosters is going to b fixed with update...The game is great...I like the gameplay and the player models are the best ever...just need to edit people and it's a go
Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
Because you are a few years in the franchise and It will be EVENTUALLY different. This is 2012, and the first game of the season. Why should I have to have Cooley, T.O. etc on teams that already have released them? Why should I have to have players be the wrong size? Why should I have to have players have two or more of the same numbers? Why am I forced to wait on roster updates every week just to get the right position on my teammates? How do I immerse myself into the mode when I have no choice in my own team management as I did in the past decade of maddens franchise mode. There is no logic in your post.
Then don't play? Or just wait for a roster update. This game is supposed to represent a fictional universe modeled after the real thing. Of course things are going to be different than real life but that is the point of ccm.

Also, there is a large amount, the most in years in my opinion of you're own team management. You need to get guys that fit your system, and you have do many choices and possibilities in that regard.

Anyway... Stop looking for a fight in this thread. There are countless other threads where people are itching to go after it with somebody.

All in all, I think this game is good with a wonderful foundation. Mr. Looman has proving himself to me that he can make a great game given the time (look what he did with the original head coach! Nfl head coach 09 is the hands down bet game I've ever played), and he has also shown that he will respond to errors within the game. Whether that will happen in the future or through patches, I feel as though I can put my total faith into the development team for madden for the first time on the next-gen consoles. For now, I'll play a game that is pretty well rounded and looks to have great replay value. I'm in my first Coaching career with the Jags, and Gabbert won MVP, Brady, Reed, and Fletcher all hung it up. I lost to the Saints in the Big Game, and the linebacker I was going to trade up for was picked 5 spots before I thought he was. (The guy had star development; I guess I wasn't the only one who was scouting). If one can't be impressed and immersed by that amount of uniqueness and awesomeness in one year, I think you are expecting too much out of what is almost fundamentally a new game.

I can't wait for season 2; the first time I've thought that in 4 years.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
@Moor i think the rosters is going to b fixed with update...The game is great...I like the gameplay and the player models are the best ever...just need to edit people and it's a go
And yet, we're STILL going to have to use EA's terrible rosters..updated or not, the ratings will be terrible...This is old news with EA, thats why we need the ability to FIX all of their mistakes when it comes to the rosters, depth charts, and positions of players...also how the cpu plays...I guess people are enjoying watching the Saints run 50 percent of the time, how about the Pats? You could change this with coaching schemes but nope, lets take that away from the player too....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #46
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

@twl221 people arn't fighting or tryin to see negative stuff...they just want their players and rosters to "their" liking...Like in past Maddens...and then if they get something wrong yu have to wait another week for another roster update lol
Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #47
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33
Is it a positive that you think the gameplay is better than a game that is 7 years old? I see that as a negative and still don't think it's better. CPU AI makes terrible play calls and teams like NO and NE run more than they pass.
Yeah, it would be a positive, actually. This game destroys 2K5 and puts up it's headstone. NFL 2K5 had huge AI gaffes too, stop acting like it's infallible, no football game has been without flaws.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
@twl221 people arn't fighting or tryin to see negative stuff...they just want their players and rosters to "their" liking...Like in past Maddens...and then if they get something wrong yu have to wait another week for another roster update lol
Exactly, lol..But I guess its ok, because "we knew this months ago"..I guess its ok to put out BS as long as you let the public know beforehand...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »