Home

Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is a discussion on Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #49
Rookie

Sidion's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

I love the engine. It looks far more fluid, hits have more impact, and finally no sliding group tackles.

I HATE that there is no coop in a mode that seriously screams how perfect coop would be. Seriously player CCM mode would be coop heaven. I had spent days playing '12 with my kid brother in a Franchise where we both played receivers.

That being said player CCM is almost exactly what I always wanted from a madden superstar mode. Things need refinement (The practices are horribly grindy.).

Weekly progression in CCM mode is also a welcome change.

I'm happy with the game. That being said, it does feel like a significant chunk of it is missing. And that is never a good thing.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #50
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

lol just give us the editing with the patch and its a go
Old 08-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #51
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I love it, love the changes to presentation, love the changes to gameplay, love the head coach 09 like add on's aka CCM

this is the best madden ive ever played, and ive been here for every single one.

Im surprised at the negative response. the biggest fault is releasing the game with issues still needing to be fixed, but thats all games these days.

people get too caught up on ratings. you can go play a season and gain a bunch of points pumping awareness if thats what you want, a higher overall rating.

id rather they fix awards, and fix the player card not showing awards correctly or scrolling, that is more important than donny moore's ratings that wont ever change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I knew this year's Madden would not disappoint in terms of its replayability, and such is the case with CCM. I'm chomping at the bit to get past cut days/preseason and into the regular season with Da Browns for the first time in several Madden years.

Solo Challenges offered in Ultimate Team have also been a clever surprise. Yes its a tightened-up marketing gem, but for those who're out to save money it delivers a reason to work towards coins.

EA Servers, don't fail us now!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 3
Yeah I'm loving it. So does anybody have concrete info about the patch or roster update. The good in this game far out weighs the bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #54
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
EA and Kleenex should partner up to when madden releases the complainers can have comfort, with a lotion soft feeling on their face.
'Liked' your post immediately just for your opening zinger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
Yeah, it would be a positive, actually. This game destroys 2K5 and puts up it's headstone. NFL 2K5 had huge AI gaffes too, stop acting like it's infallible, no football game has been without flaws.
Don't know if I'd say all that, I love 2k5 still, and it still has no equal in presentation. But yes, Madden has made great strides and I haven't played 2k5 since M11 came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
lol just give us the editing with the patch and its a go
Quite right. There's a lot to love, but for me, I need to be able to edit player numbers and equipment for my rooks, plus if you do trades and wind up with two of the same number on your team. I do not care about editing skills. I'm hopeful Josh and his team will come through with at least offering number/equipment editing this year. The only way they don't is if it 'wrecks' the CCM code.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
Because you are a few years in the franchise and It will be EVENTUALLY different. This is 2012, and the first game of the season. Why should I have to have Cooley, T.O. etc on teams that already have released them? Why should I have to have players be the wrong size? Why should I have to have players have two or more of the same numbers? Why am I forced to wait on roster updates every week just to get the right position on my teammates? How do I immerse myself into the mode when I have no choice in my own team management as I did in the past decade of maddens franchise mode. There is no logic in your post.
It slices both ways, your post doesn't have logic, either.

Allow people to play how and when they want.

It's their own little world, you have your own to worry about, let alone worry about how others play the game.

I'm an offline gamer, never used the features that are missing before, but I sympathized since the announcement to get them back, just like I did the last few years with online gamers and their lack of franchise mode.

To each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

one thing i didnt realize was going to be in the game was the special real life qb candences. that is a nice touch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »