Home

Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is a discussion on Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It slices both ways, your post doesn't have logic, either.

Allow people to play how and when they want.

It's their own little world, you have your own to worry about, let alone worry about how others play the game.

I'm an offline gamer, never used the features that are missing before, but I sympathized since the announcement to get them back, just like I did the last few years with online gamers and their lack of franchise mode.

To each their own.
How does my post have no logic ? I never stated anything about how others play. People are questioning us because our negative impressions. All I wonder is, Why are we forced to play with issues that we never had to deal with in past decade of maddens, now? It is what it is, a game that has introduced new, but more importantly, lacking main features that were in generations of its predecessors. Gameplay is great, but if you can't apply it the same ways we have enjoyed for years, and don't replace it, its unsatisfactory.
WIZ
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Enough negative... lets talk POSITIVES.

This is the best Madden to come out the xbox 360 IMO (although Madden 06 on Xbox is my favorite).

The gameplay is very much improved, and that by itself is enough for me to put this game above the other Madden's. The infinity engine plays like a dream lol.

And if that wasn't enough, Madden Ultimate Team is awesome and very addicting, I'll be trying to make a decent all Houston Texans team(maybe throw in some Oiler's like Warren Moon even though they technically count as Titan's players). Connected Careers is an awesome mode for people who play online like me, and a mode that is perfect for my friends and I to play together.

I hope the Madden team continues to build on this momentum and keeps course, making Connected Careers more open for people that want the maximum authenticity(although I don't see how not having it is GAMEBREAKING), other than that the game is great IMO.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
How does my post have no logic ? I never stated anything about how others play. People are questioning us because our negative impressions. All I wonder is, Why are we forced to play with issues that we never had to deal with in past decade of maddens, now? It is what it is, a game that has introduced new, but more importantly, lacking main features that were in generations of its predecessors. Gameplay is great, but if you can't apply it the same ways we have enjoyed for years, and don't replace it, its unsatisfactory.
I meant to quote post #32 from you.

Starts off like this:

But how can you enjoy and immerse yourself in CCM

I'm not questioning anyone's impressions, positive or negative, just questioning why tell people how they want to play.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #60
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I meant to quote post #32 from you.

Starts off like this:

But how can you enjoy and immerse yourself in CCM

I'm not questioning anyone's impressions, positive or negative, just questioning why tell people how they want to play.
I'm not telling them anything, it was a rhetorical question.
WIZ
Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 21

The IE is a mixed bag. I like it and hate it. It needs some work. It is a good thing however overall. Victor Lugo gets props...but he needs to finish it. It needs to go back in the oven a few more weeks.

I like the new hot routes for HB's.

Pass trajectories are a bit better.

Everything else game play wise is business as usual, not much different from last year game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #62
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moor
Exactly, lol..But I guess its ok, because "we knew this months ago"..I guess its ok to put out BS as long as you let the public know beforehand...
If you can't stop, please leave the thread. I would have thought it apparent that this is a thread dedicated to the POSITIVE parts of the game.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #63
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
People are questioning you because:

A. This is NOT the "Impressions" thread.
B. This is for POSITIVE discussion of the game, not a constant rehash of negative.

We get it, you are unsatisfied. The game isn't perfect... however, when you tell me of a game that WAS perfect out of the box in the last five years. Skyrim is widely considered the greatest achievement in gaming in that time, and even it had release issues and several patches to fix glaring issues.

Sure, I understand your gripe more because a lot of the minor issues could have been fixed by more testing...but again, this thread is NOT the place to be negative. There are plenty of those, so my thanks for stopping.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm loving the gameplay for the most part in user vs user games on All Madden. I'm kind warming up to playing the cpu, but I still don't like playing the cpu overall.

I also like how it looks like the elite players truly ARE elite now. Calvin Johnson tore my *** last night in a online game and it felt like there was nothing I could do to stop him.

I like how the IE make the games feel dynamic too. In 12, guys in my league knew how to control the MLB and shoot the gaps to stop runs, but in 13, it's much harder to do because they are tripping up over there own guys and stuff like that. Also it looks liek the cpu actually tries to block them now as opposed to last year.

I haven't gotten too far into CC, but so far, I like the potential of CC. There are a few things that I think need to be added and tweaked for next year, but the potential is there to be a great franchise mode.

Overall I think this is the best Madden on next gen and while this one has a few disappointing aspects to it, mainly the bugs, I'm really looking forward to what happens with 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »