Home

15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience!

This is a discussion on 15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience!

Jamal Charles attempts 24 runs!? C'mon EA, you have got to fix this playcalling by the AI. Before it hit 2min left in the first half, Cassel only attempted 4 or 5 passes while they already ran it 9 or 10 times!! They once ran it 3 straight times and then punted...f'ng ridiculous and makes the game far too easy.

It was a close game as I couldn't get much going on offense, only leading 6-3 at the half. They took the lead 9-6 in the 3rd, and I finally got into the endzone in the 4th and winning 20-9. Anyways, the whole point of this is they cpu playcalling is half ********. I wish we had the option to at least pick run or pass for them or something...Is there a coaching philosophy option somewhere to changes the run/pass play calling???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 15min qtrs., Chiefs, Cassel only throws 22 times!? Ruining my experience!

Dude, the Chiefs are a running team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a stat line like that in real life.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks balanced to me, im not seeing any issues on my end /sarcasm/
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badguy1985
Dude, the Chiefs are a running team. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a stat line like that in real life.
I'm sorry, but no team in the NFL (percentage wise) runs more than they pass. They ran it 30 times or so when you add the rushing attempts by McCluster. And when you are only averaging 3.2ypc, and going 3 and out you are not going to continue to run the ball.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Rookie

cbiscuit's Arena

OVR: 1

i dont see anything wrong that
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Is this really worth for its own thread? There is a gameplay impression thread, a bug thread, and plenty of playcalling issue threads.

Here is basically the same thread. All you have to do is search. You might even find the answer to your problem.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-so-much.html
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

This seems pretty balanced to me. Just looking at some random games from last season, in week 2 last year, Matt Cassel had 22 PA vs. 29 team rushing attempts. In week 4, 24 pass attempts for Cassel vs. 27 team rushing attempts. I could keep going, but I think you get the point. This game has a lot of issues, but run/pass balance really doesn't seem to be one of them.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin23IU
This seems pretty balanced to me. Just looking at some random games from last season, in week 2 last year, Matt Cassel had 22 PA vs. 29 team rushing attempts. In week 4, 24 pass attempts for Cassel vs. 27 team rushing attempts. I could keep going, but I think you get the point. This game has a lot of issues, but run/pass balance really doesn't seem to be one of them.
Ridiculous - play a CCM game and you'll find the same thing. You're looking it at in a vaccuum with the Chiefs. The problem is this kind of play calling happens no matter who you play, whether it's the Patriots or the Packers or a running team like Kansas City. The CPU AI favors the running game way too much in CCM. The playcalling is boring and predictable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »