Home

USA Today's condescending Madden article..

This is a discussion on USA Today's condescending Madden article.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: USA Today's condescending Madden article..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
I have to ask: have I missed something here? Won't Madden Ultimate Team give you the same satisfaction in most respects for the Fantasy Draft fan?

Personally I've never been an advocate for the Fantasy Draft in any ANY Madden title so I was pleased to see it not making an appearance in Madden 13.
I've never been into it myself, but a lot of people were and it gave them immersion within the game. The MUT thing I believe was a marketing scheme to nickel and dime the consumers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Do you think they'll fix the sim error in CCM? Or just tuner updates.
I don't know man. All I know is that they talked about the patch having to do with the tuner sets and more to come. I'm thinking details on the patch should come fairly soon. I know a lot of Madden fans can't wait to hear about it, especially those that held out on Madden 13 until a patch arrives.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #27
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Personally I've never been an advocate for the Fantasy Draft in any ANY Madden title so I was pleased to see it not making an appearance in Madden 13.
I don't get this reasoning. I have probably only used the fantasy draft option twice in the last 10 years... to be honest, I won't miss it in the least. That said, I'm not pleased that it's gone. It's inclusion never caused me any headaches, I just rarely ever used it, but I know other people out there enjoyed it.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I don't get this reasoning. I have probably only used the fantasy draft option twice in the last 10 years... to be honest, I won't miss it in the least. That said, I'm not pleased that it's gone. It's inclusion never caused me any headaches, I just rarely ever used it, but I know other people out there enjoyed it.
This is what gets me. They include a new CCM mode they say "mirrors" franchise mode and superstar mode into one, but at the same time, this new mode gets introduced and a lot of other features get cut.

There's a big contradiction there. I seriously hope they patch this game up. it could be a stellar game if they brought back at least some of the elements of past Madden.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

You guys think it was a mistake EA left out certain features? They did this because with player editing along with the new IE, users would make Madden 13 stretch for as long as they want.

Smart move when you think about it but slickly done. What would be the point of buying M14 if you can update rosters freely and have an extremely realistic game forever?

A. If they had editing, mostly all sim stats and dupe jersey issues can be fixed by the user. Making 70% of the problems correctable from this alone. And this would allow people to make 2013 rosters for next year instead of upgrading. EA is basically taking the Jordan route, in terms of constantly needing to upgrade your kicks in order to be happy.

B. Fantasy Draft would make replayability extraordinary. This will allow alot of on the fence madden fans to be happy enough for this year and wont really be dying to get M14

Bottom line, EA is a cash cow. They want the $$$ and editing and fantasy drafts can potentially make fans not need to upgrade. IE plus a few player edits will make this game literally the best football game-possibly sports game-ever, along with a patch that fixes the late game decision making and DB responsiveness. Other than that this games gameplay is flawless.

Don't be surprised people, EA was voted worst company. They don't care what we think simply because OS is an atom to the larger fan base that just wants a playable football game with updated rosters and nothing more.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 49

I don't blame people for being upset. They removed peoples favorites features after they were patient with Madden to put them back in the game in the first place. EA should just not continue the exclusive deal IMO. Then they can see why so many people are upset when the other game simply shows them how it's done. Madden 13 was a nice change, but it is still very buggy, and is missing to many features for a 8th release this gen. No custom cam still in 2012/13? That is a feature from over 10 years ago on a old system!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #31
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I have to ask: have I missed something here? Won't Madden Ultimate Team give you the same satisfaction in most respects for the Fantasy Draft fan?

There's a reason it's in every other sports game bro. It's VERY popular. It's playing Franchise but having a Fantasy Football type draft, which alone is a lot of fun. Then you play with all the Franchise options. Making trades, the fun of a season and playoffs to win the superbowl, multiple seasons and scouting real college players with import draft classes, offseason retirements and FA bidding. Breaking stat records, winning awards, playing co-op with buddies ect. So yea... MUT has nothing to even come close to touching that. It has some cards with contracts with no stats, no real season or end goal. While I like it and think it's good for online play. It's just a epeen mode really. Get all 99's and flex!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #32
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
You guys think it was a mistake EA left out certain features? They did this because with player editing along with the new IE, users would make Madden 13 stretch for as long as they want.

Smart move when you think about it but slickly done. What would be the point of buying M14 if you can update rosters freely and have an extremely realistic game forever?

A. If they had editing, mostly all sim stats and dupe jersey issues can be fixed by the user. Making 70% of the problems correctable from this alone. And this would allow people to make 2013 rosters for next year instead of upgrading. EA is basically taking the Jordan route, in terms of constantly needing to upgrade your kicks in order to be happy.

B. Fantasy Draft would make replayability extraordinary. This will allow alot of on the fence madden fans to be happy enough for this year and wont really be dying to get M14

Bottom line, EA is a cash cow. They want the $$$ and editing and fantasy drafts can potentially make fans not need to upgrade. IE plus a few player edits will make this game literally the best football game-possibly sports game-ever, along with a patch that fixes the late game decision making and DB responsiveness. Other than that this games gameplay is flawless.

Don't be surprised people, EA was voted worst company. They don't care what we think simply because OS is an atom to the larger fan base that just wants a playable football game with updated rosters and nothing more.
I understand your point. At the same time, you're looking it into a business perspective and not consumer. EA has 2 years left on it's contract and after that, it's fair game.

Realistically, people are going to get the new Madden. They won't be satisfied playing the "old" madden when everyone is playing the new one, even for curiosity.

But damage control has to be done now. I think in order to gain the faith of the consumers, they have to address some of the stuff left off. If not, it can really deteriorate customer/business relation with EA in the future.

Other companies are on the sideline watching all this unfold and learning a thing or two on what makes the consumer happy. They are not dumb. This is EA's year to prove and show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »