Home

Position Importance CCM

This is a discussion on Position Importance CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Position Importance CCM

Does anyone know if the importance of a position (located in scheme) changes or if you can change it manually? Does anyone even know what it actually does?

I usually hate to whine about games but CCM seems very poorly done to me. All glitter but no substance. Do teams never change schemes in CCM, will the Seahawks always be looking for a power back 20 years into the mode and the Eagles will still be looking for speedy receivers even if there is a coaching change?

They added so many good features it seems but nothing was implemented correctly. I heard a few issues resolve themselves if you play a solo online league instead of offline, is this true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Position Importance CCM

I look at most of that screen as purely cosmetic. The importance doesnt change and the schemes at the top don't change, but if u change the player type that you value then it changes how the players are valued when you look at them in FA. So I just pick the types of playbooks I want, and change the player types to fit those and roll with that.

I can still build my team and put the players on the field I want and run the play types I want regardless of what that crap says.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Banned

Yeah but I was asking if the other teams will change what player types they value when they change coaches. Will the Eagles always want a receiving back all 30 years of the mode even if they go through 4 different coaches with different play books?

That takes away some of the immersion for me, teams should adjust their player preference to the playbook the coaches run. When Tomlin becomes coach of the Eagles 5 years into CCM they shouldn't still be looking for speed players because thats not the system Tomlin runs. What Im saying is teams shouldn't have the same preference for all 30 years of CCM
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroberts1991
Yeah but I was asking if the other teams will change what player types they value when they change coaches. Will the Eagles always want a receiving back all 30 years of the mode even if they go through 4 different coaches with different play books?

That takes away some of the immersion for me, teams should adjust their player preference to the playbook the coaches run. When Tomlin becomes coach of the Eagles 5 years into CCM they shouldn't still be looking for speed players because thats not the system Tomlin runs. What Im saying is teams shouldn't have the same preference for all 30 years of CCM
Yes this. I made a coach and picked the Vikings to try and build them (Niners are my fav) and even though I picked my Playbook and schemes it still shows what Viks had before... yes I can adjust player schemes, but you don't get the right players to scheme as 4-3 vs 3-4 has different schemes and different positions to select from. Example:

Niners you can scheme RE and LE and with the Viks only the LE, but you have two DT vs Niners one. Even though my made coach wants to run 3-4 and the Viks run Tampa 2.

It makes it annoying, if it is just cosmetic, but its not because I don't think it is evaluating the players completely right because you don't get the correct base positions to choose from, nor the correct types of schemes.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have no factual data to back it up but I really wanna say i read somewhere that it's supposed to work like that but it's not and they are looking into it. Maybe it's wishful thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Banned

CCM blows, if they would've just take madden 12's franchise and added in the schemes correctly I would've been more than satisfied. But this whole mode is so buggy, so pissed I blew 60 dollars on this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
Yes this. I made a coach and picked the Vikings to try and build them (Niners are my fav) and even though I picked my Playbook and schemes it still shows what Viks had before... yes I can adjust player schemes, but you don't get the right players to scheme as 4-3 vs 3-4 has different schemes and different positions to select from. Example:

Niners you can scheme RE and LE and with the Viks only the LE, but you have two DT vs Niners one. Even though my made coach wants to run 3-4 and the Viks run Tampa 2.

It makes it annoying, if it is just cosmetic, but its not because I don't think it is evaluating the players completely right because you don't get the correct base positions to choose from, nor the correct types of schemes.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Rookie

If its suppose to work the way it is currently, that is a major design flaw, if it is suppose to work what seems logical and provides the proper immersion and it is not (wishfully thinking patching) then it is a major bug error that needs to be the first thing fixed in CCM, hands down (or you can't even scheme right and ratings are meaningless because they are fully or incorrectly evaluated).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »