Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
A big part of the CCM seems like just playing games then having a fake social media pop about it. CCM didn't actually add a lot of depth at all to franchise mode. If anything it may have taken some away with the removal of a transactions log.
So fake social media = bad
But do you think fake highlight show = good?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
A big part of the CCM seems like just playing games then having a fake social media pop about it. CCM didn't actually add a lot of depth at all to franchise mode. If anything it may have taken some away with the removal of a transactions log.
Really? The new scouting? The new additions to the draft? Teams looking for certain types of players? A trading system that actually seems to work half-decently? The change from the old free agency style from Madden 11 and prior versions to the new system? Legitimate contract negotiations (though still not as good as what was in HC09, it's an upgrade over past Maddens)? Probably the best simmed stats of any recent Madden? Hearing about upcoming draft prospects during the season? Players coming out of retirement, getting benched, teams actually using the franchise tag, etc?

CCM is far from perfect (especially offline), but it's lightyears more in depth than recent franchise modes.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Really? The new scouting? The new additions to the draft? Teams looking for certain types of players? A trading system that actually seems to work half-decently? The change from the old free agency style from Madden 11 and prior versions to the new system? Legitimate contract negotiations (though still not as good as what was in HC09, it's an upgrade over past Maddens)? Probably the best simmed stats of any recent Madden? Hearing about upcoming draft prospects during the season? Players coming out of retirement, getting benched, teams actually using the franchise tag, etc?

CCM is far from perfect (especially offline), but it's lightyears more in depth than recent franchise modes.
First, adressing the fake halftime show; Not a halftime show, but a weekly wrap up show is what I would like. A 'fake' show to let me know the scores of the other games, some player stats, weekly awards, contract negotiations, transactions, and draft information is what I would personally enjoy.

Now to the actual CCM mode. My statement that it was just playing games and getting fake social media was a bit* of an exaggeration. I do appreciate the new scouting feature, hearing about draft prospects, player scheme types, and even the goal systems. Honestly, I am just really put off by not having a transactions log. I don't actually know what's going on around the league. I don't have a clue what's going back and forth in these trades. I don't know who is getting cut in the preseason.

It just feels like the mode has been designed for me to play my game, see what Skip Bayless says, and then play another. I can't even look at other teams' "stories." Madden 05 was cool in that you could look at the local newspapers of the other teams.

What I meant by not adding depth is the continued lack of restricted free agents, hold outs, a better negotation/contract system, practice squad, injury system, playbook knowledge, position battles, players unhappy with playing time, and so on. How often do players come out of retirement compared to players holding out? Why would Kurt Warner coming out of retirement be implemented before holdouts? We don't even have coordinators. Also, no coach mode? Come on. Can we even name team captains this year? A franchise type of mode should be about team management first and foremost. I want an OOTP version of football that I can play AND/OR coach on the field.

Last edited by Tweeg; 08-30-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm really enjoying the twitter and news feed thing, but I have to ask: Is there no way to look at other team's stats/records other than seeing your division's records under "My career"?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
I'm really enjoying the twitter and news feed thing, but I have to ask: Is there no way to look at other team's stats/records other than seeing your division's records under "My career"?
Go to the "more" tab. Its under the statistics option.

Quote:
First, adressing the fake halftime show; Not a halftime show, but a weekly wrap up show is what I would like. A 'fake' show to let me know the scores of the other games, some player stats, weekly awards, contract negotiations, transactions, and draft information is what I would personally enjoy.
I would enjoy that as well. My only point was that its absence does not make me not enjoy the news/twitter feed. I agree with most of your post. There is a lot of room for improvement, but for the first time in this generation of consoles I feel as if the foundation is there.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #14
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Go to the "more" tab. Its under the statistics option.

WOW....How I missed that I do not know...Thanks.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
WOW....How I missed that I do not know...Thanks.
No problem. Believe me you are not the only one.
I wish there was a transaction log hidden somewhere I don't know about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit
That's what you and I want, yes. But they're gearing towards the casual fans - they know Twitter is a hot commodity.

"OMG TWITTER!! LOL THIS IS SO COOL, LIL WAYNE!!!" only an example, lol
How in the world could one call the addition of a Twitter feed a "casual fan" move?

Sure, Twitter may be the new form of media that many journalists use to break their news; but it's the whole idea that these virtual analysts are watching and oftentimes critiquing everything happening in your Connected Careers.

I don't want to make a blanket statement, but I know some people who play Madden yet don't follow football and they don't really seem phased by the addition of the Twitter feed. Instead, the friends of mine who live and breathe the game of football are the ones coming to me either excited that Matt Miller thinks they made a great free agent signing or angry when Skip Bayless bashes their first round DT they had so highly coveted.

It's just another avenue for those who wish to get immersed into their league. It's the hardcore fans who know who these analysts are in real life, allowing them to enjoy their league more. I'm sorry if that's not the case for you personally.

As far as a halftime show, I want one too, but the Extra Point was terrible and it's fair to say that. It had zero depth.

"The....Eagles...beat the...Steelers...in a hard fought battle."

Damn, I'm sold. While it's okay to say that it wasn't really given room to grow after being removed so soon, I don't think it was good enough to even justify building upon. No, I want more and I think holding off until it's done well is the right move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »