Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #25
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Unless you're talking about a different game, they didn't even use the same plays in the weekly wrap up in NFL2K. The were randomly generated plays. But you prefer to see the repetitive tweets...? Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but whatever.
There were like 5 different plays that you'd see in 2K, and that's in regards to all of their games that have had wrap-up shows.

And yes, I'd rather see tweets that sometimes get repetitive because I don't have to wait 30 seconds to load the play and then try to skip it. I get more out of seeing Schefter use the same tweet about two different rookies than seeing the same made up play but with different teams running it.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSKY!
I don't even need a 'fake' halftime show that most likely would be full of errors and glitches. Just create a 'fake' ESPN.COM that you can 'fake' log into every week by going to "news center" to watch highlights, check stats, have 7-10 important stories of that week, stats, injuries, etc.

I don't need video, I'm really just looking for easy access info on the other teams and to occasionally see my guy on the main ESPN.com screen as the cover story.
Yes X 1000. This would be awesome.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Ea always liked gearing towards the casual fans. Its 2k that gears more towards the hardcore fans. Think about it. Ea always wanted to make live more fun not realistic. 2k wants to make their game more realistic and it takes away from the fun of the game because your not always scoring. I'm sure if 2k made a football game i'm sure it would be more realistic than madden but maybe not as fun. If Ea geared toward the hardcore fans, live and madden would be more realistic and madden would still have player editing. But those twitter things kind of remind me of those screens in 2k association with player news and transactions.
I think I may disagree. In the past EA has definitely been geared towards the casual fan, but I feel that Madden 13 is geared toward the more hardcore fan.

And on a related note, I hate posters (not directed at you,this is just a generalization) wave the bloody rag of the damn casual fan. I remember vision cone which was most certainly geared toward the "hardcore" fan and everyone hated it because it made the passing game "too hard." At times it seems as if EA loses no matter what
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Ea always liked gearing towards the casual fans. Its 2k that gears more towards the hardcore fans. Think about it. Ea always wanted to make live more fun not realistic. 2k wants to make their game more realistic and it takes away from the fun of the game because your not always scoring. I'm sure if 2k made a football game i'm sure it would be more realistic than madden but maybe not as fun. If Ea geared toward the hardcore fans, live and madden would be more realistic and madden would still have player editing. But those twitter things kind of remind me of those screens in 2k association with player news and transactions.
Since this thread is about the presentation aspect, just for clarification purposes:

Analysts discussing current events in your Connected Careers as well as the biggest stories from each week relating to games around the league, your team, injuries, the college Draft propsects, and more is less realistic being interrupted by a cell phone with a request to play David Arquette or Carmen Electra's all-star team? People like to dig on Madden for using gimmicky features in the past, but consistently fail to admit that their glory game had some of the biggest gimmick features in a football video game. Between my personal experience playing Madden NFL 13 and discussions with the development team over the course of this cycle, I know that every single thing added to Connected Careers was done under the umbrella of realism and further connecting (no pun intended) a gamer to their virtual NFL.

I fully understand and empathize with the desire for a well thought out halftime, pre-game and post-game show. It's among many other additions that could help Madden get to the next level of immersion. However, even the mighty NFL 2K5 failed to present a living, breathing atmosphere like Madden has delivered this year. It also had a terrible Franchise Mode, but that's a debate for another day.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 08-30-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

If eHarmony or Facebook is in next years game, I may take a sabbatical.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think I may disagree. In the past EA has definitely been geared towards the casual fan, but I feel that Madden 13 is geared toward the more hardcore fan.

And on a related note, I hate posters (not directed at you,this is just a generalization) wave the bloody rag of the damn casual fan. I remember vision cone which was most certainly geared toward the "hardcore" fan and everyone hated it because it made the passing game "too hard." At times it seems as if EA loses no matter what
Me and my friends are sim/hardcore gamers and we loved vision cone. I think it was the most realistic thing they ever added and removed imho.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
There were like 5 different plays that you'd see in 2K, and that's in regards to all of their games that have had wrap-up shows.

And yes, I'd rather see tweets that sometimes get repetitive because I don't have to wait 30 seconds to load the play and then try to skip it. I get more out of seeing Schefter use the same tweet about two different rookies than seeing the same made up play but with different teams running it.
Huh? No, there isn't just 5 or so plays duplicated, I still play the game. Nor were the load times long, especially for those consoles. Also, NFL2K is the only 2K game with a weekly wrap up. I'm not sure if you're just lying to try to make a case or we're just not talking about the same thing. The highlights in the Sportcenter show exhibited a plethora of situations. Some are returns, some goal-line plays, some are breakout runs, some are long passes, turnovers for TDs and they are ALWAYS different on various spots of the field & etc. It was the whole reason why I never skipped it, because it never got old.

Like I said, maybe we're not talking about the same thing, so you can look at the quick load times and videos for yourself. You won't find 2 plays that are exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ac.__GjqMWdz5Y

Again, the highlights was what made the wrap up so special to so many people, every highlight was unique and you got all the league info & news all at once. I'm not sure were you came up with all this misinformation.

But the website idea isn't a bad idea. I'd go for that. I for one don't see any joy in repetitive text over video & commentary. It's basically regressing just using any text format in video games when you can have a more authentic feel with video.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 08-30-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Me and my friends are sim/hardcore gamers and we loved vision cone. I think it was the most realistic thing they ever added and removed imho.
I loved it as well because it highlighted the differences between QBs. Without it I can make Curtis Painter look like Peyton. And it wasn't as hard as people say. 75% of the time you were fine leaving it on the primary WR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »