Home

CCM twitter and stories

This is a discussion on CCM twitter and stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #49
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Seeing how I'm nearing nearly 5000 Twitter posts myself, I like the idea of it.. too bad it's not really accurate..

I created Tommy Kramer.. as someone growing up watching the Vikings in the 80's I wanted to make an immobile QB who HAD to stay in the pocket. I just had a 3 TD 5 interception game (see my 'super human LB's' thread) because of high leaping LB's.. QB rating of 72.6 or something in the win to go 5-0.

I get 'Tweeted' by Mike Hill "If there are any Tommy Kramer doubters, make them watch this game on repeat" .. umm yeah.. don't watch that performance.. at least it was a win. After the advance week the tweet says 'is this the best the Vikings could do? Not enough sizzle for my taste' .. the guy can't make up his mind.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 11

A lot that I wanted to reply to, so here goes.

Before I start, I'll just say that I *like* twitter feeds as part of the big picture. I *don't* like the idea that somehow twitter feeds are innovative, or add depth to a mode. I don't like the fact that twitter feeds are basically the bread and butter of this mode, and twitter feeds are incredibly redundant and inaccurate. Anyways, im sure ill cover that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
A big part of the CCM seems like just playing games then having a fake social media pop about it. CCM didn't actually add a lot of depth at all to franchise mode. If anything it may have taken some away with the removal of a transactions log.
I agree. I feel that CCM is a lot of bright and shinys, and a lot less actual depth and substance. Pay attention to the fact that we have twitter feeds to distract you from the reality that our mode has less substance than ever before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
How in the world could one call the addition of a Twitter feed a "casual fan" move?

Sure, Twitter may be the new form of media that many journalists use to break their news; but it's the whole idea that these virtual analysts are watching and oftentimes critiquing everything happening in your Connected Careers.

I don't want to make a blanket statement, but I know some people who play Madden yet don't follow football and they don't really seem phased by the addition of the Twitter feed. Instead, the friends of mine who live and breathe the game of football are the ones coming to me either excited that Matt Miller thinks they made a great free agent signing or angry when Skip Bayless bashes their first round DT they had so highly coveted.

It's just another avenue for those who wish to get immersed into their league. It's the hardcore fans who know who these analysts are in real life, allowing them to enjoy their league more. I'm sorry if that's not the case for you personally.

As far as a halftime show, I want one too, but the Extra Point was terrible and it's fair to say that. It had zero depth.

"The....Eagles...beat the...Steelers...in a hard fought battle."

Damn, I'm sold. While it's okay to say that it wasn't really given room to grow after being removed so soon, I don't think it was good enough to even justify building upon. No, I want more and I think holding off until it's done well is the right move.
In regards to your last sentence, what is your definition of "done right"? Is inaccurate tweets that aren't what actually happened in your CCM mode "done right"? What about seeing the same tweets from different people? I saw one tweet from Skip Bayless one week, that same exact tweet from Matt Miller the next. Is that "done right"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
How was extra point any good? It was absolutely horrible. After the first time watching it you saw nothing new.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
After a couple weeks, I'm not seeing anything new with twitter feeds. Its just the same recycled tweets randomly assigned to an ESPN personality. That's it.

Point After was better because it kept you up to date with ALL the happenings around the league, player performances, standings, etc, and all the details, not just a random blurp without an option to check into it deeper.

Quote:
Since this thread is about the presentation aspect, just for clarification purposes:

Analysts discussing current events in your Connected Careers as well as the biggest stories from each week relating to games around the league, your team, injuries, the college Draft propsects, and more is less realistic being interrupted by a cell phone with a request to play David Arquette or Carmen Electra's all-star team? People like to dig on Madden for using gimmicky features in the past, but consistently fail to admit that their glory game had some of the biggest gimmick features in a football video game. Between my personal experience playing Madden NFL 13 and discussions with the development team over the course of this cycle, I know that every single thing added to Connected Careers was done under the umbrella of realism and further connecting (no pun intended) a gamer to their virtual NFL.

I fully understand and empathize with the desire for a well thought out halftime, pre-game and post-game show. It's among many other additions that could help Madden get to the next level of immersion. However, even the mighty NFL 2K5 failed to present a living, breathing atmosphere like Madden has delivered this year. It also had a terrible Franchise Mode, but that's a debate for another day.
While the celebrities were a gimmick, yes, they were a tually part of a much bigger feature that's far more innovative than what Madden does, and that was player profiles that allowed the AI to play more like a human to improve your performance. That was a great feature, as I could take my friends profile and load it into the AI, and the CPU would play like my friend would. It added a whole other layer to single player gaming that no other sports title has matched. Celebrities were a gimmick that brought attention to a very innovative feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Me and my friends are sim/hardcore gamers and we loved vision cone. I think it was the most realistic thing they ever added and removed imho.
I both simultaneously hated and loved the vision cone.

I must have missed quoting another topic I wanted to address, which was the repetetoveness of 2k5's wrap up shows.

Yup, it did get repetetive after awhile, and yes eventually you saw all the plays it had to offer. and if you didn't like it? You didn't have to watch it. You had to manually fire it up to watch it, so there's no reason to complain about load times when it was a completely optional feature.

And repetetive or not, as Jimi XIII said, ill take repetetive wrap up shows and video highlights of plays around the league and in depth detail on what's happening around the league over a fictional Skip Bayless spewing the same recycled tweets over and over again, often times inaccurately.

Now... Give me twitter feeds in addition to Point After / Sportscenter? Presentation gold mine, and the best of all worlds.

Again, twitter feeds in and of themselves are just fine. But they aren't innovative, this stuff has been done before, and been done better even. And when twitter feeds are basically the focal point of an entire mode, there are issues, because ultimately it is a luxury feature for added fun, but instead its built on as the "depth" of the mode, while the actual depth has been removed. And that's my problem with twitter feeds.

Twitter feeds are a great addition to a mode that has functioning player progression, total access to full league information, editing to have full control over your roster, custom playbooks to give you full control over your teams scheme and philosophy, etc.

Twitter feeds are not good when that IS the depth of the mode, and it is used to distract you from what is either missing or not functioning properly, not totally functioning properly itself, and the entire mode is built around it so significantly to the point that HUMAN controlled players are put on the trading block with no input from the player so that it can have its scripted storylines play out. Its so bad that I literally saw a player who I took OFF the trading block get put back on it automatically by the CPU because Skip Bayless still had more tweets on the subject...
Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why can't they put in an accurate 'real-time' scores tracker that pops up 2-4 times a game of the scores of games around the league?

And obviously have division games be placed at a higher priority and games where they can decide if you make the playoffs or not. Then have the commentators occasionally comment on those scores and maybe a players performance or key injury in those games.

During a dolphins/Chiefs game, it would be cool to hear "Brady went down with a knee injury against the Rams earlier today, let's see what happened" Then show a replay of the sack or whatever and Brady rolling around in pain+ being carted off with a wave to the fans etc.

They need to improve upon the whole twitter feed WHILE adding features such as this. The more they can make the immersion feel like the real games on TV the better.

When I first popped in NBA 2k11 and played the MJ intro game, I was very impressed with the commentary and presentation. Madden needs to be even better than that.

Also, why the hell can't they get like 50 pairs of commentators? Have the 'local' groups for each home team cover the games and obviously be a little biased during calls / homerism etc. Then have the traditional teams for the Sunday night games, game of the week, Monday night etc.

It would really add a whole new feel to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #52
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
"Mirror" by Lil' Wayne ft. Bruno Mars is quite good.

No post-Carter II Lil' Wayne song is good.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
No post-Carter II Lil' Wayne song is good.
I don't know what i disagree with more... The idea that twitter feeds are innovative and actually add substance to the game, or this statement here.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #54
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Im really not liking the Story and fake twitter feeds in CCM.Yeah Its better than nothing,but dont you guys think they should put a real type halftime show and weekly wrap up show with stats and replays highlights? We know this can be done,it has been done great in other games years ago...
Quote:
Since this thread is about the presentation aspect, just for clarification purposes:

Analysts discussing current events in your Connected Careers as well as the biggest stories from each week relating to games around the league, your team, injuries, the college Draft propsects, and more is less realistic being interrupted by a cell phone with a request to play David Arquette or Carmen Electra's all-star team? People like to dig on Madden for using gimmicky features in the past, but consistently fail to admit that their glory game had some of the biggest gimmick features in a football video game. Between my personal experience playing Madden NFL 13 and discussions with the development team over the course of this cycle, I know that every single thing added to Connected Careers was done under the umbrella of realism and further connecting (no pun intended) a gamer to their virtual NFL.

I fully understand and empathize with the desire for a well thought out halftime, pre-game and post-game show. It's among many other additions that could help Madden get to the next level of immersion. However, even the mighty NFL 2K5 failed to present a living, breathing atmosphere like Madden has delivered this year. It also had a terrible Franchise Mode, but that's a debate for another day.
Agreed. Don't know why people constantly compare to NFL 2K5 like its some sort of holy grail. Sure it had Chris Berman talking before the game and at halftime. Cool. It was like three plays at halftime in super slow mo with him saying the same repetitive things about those plays. What else did 2K5 have? The 'crib'? Was that really that cool? Having a house for your apparently really tacky player to look at? Lol. Oh don't forget Carmen Electra calling you with her fantasy team! XD People overlook the worst parts of that game because it had a 'halftime' show.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #55
Banned

Because like I said in my last post, NFL 2k5 had gimmicky features to be sure, but they were designed around far more in depth features like the VIP profiles. Connected Careers is built off of twitter feeds.

I think its funny that the people bashing 2k5's at the time innovative presentation for being "repetetive" are the same people praising Madden's repetetive and inaccurate twitter feeds as being groundbreaking and immersive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Agreed. Don't know why people constantly compare to NFL 2K5 like its some sort of holy grail. Sure it had Chris Berman talking before the game and at halftime. Cool. It was like three plays at halftime in super slow mo with him saying the same repetitive things about those plays. What else did 2K5 have? The 'crib'? Was that really that cool? Having a house for your apparently really tacky player to look at? Lol. Oh don't forget Carmen Electra calling you with her fantasy team! XD People overlook the worst parts of that game because it had a 'halftime' show.
Well, they still have better OL/DL and DB/WR interactions. So that maybe one thing but there's no need to start turning this into a 2k vs EA thread. EA is finally making steps forward and let's just agree there are some things each game has a one up on I guess. But no need to carry it on or be a "jokester" about it to start some needless back & forth in these forums.

Twitter feed is not that great, at all and it does actually get repetitive or inaccurate many times. It's not a redeeming quality for the ccm, let's at least try to keep the debates within Madden to avoid thread closings or bans.

Madden 13 game-play >>> Madden 13 career modes, easily imho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »