Home

Well, I Guess This Says It All

This is a discussion on Well, I Guess This Says It All within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #81
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agreed, but I would say your mind was made up before the game came out and once the features you loved weren't in the game. Not sure if you needed customer reviews to back up your decision.
That's because I hang out here and knew about the missing features. If I didn't hang out here, I'd definitely consult Amazon customer reviews for the review of Madden 13. I check Amazon reviews before I purchase most things, to be honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #82
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I wonder what the venn diagram of people who need fantasy draft and player editing and people who go on madden forums would look like.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
All that is fine and dandy but some people are missing the point on why some are vocal.

I am all aboard with a new foundation but dont build a new house and put your same ole furnisher in it!

Im sure people wouldnt be so upset with the removal of editing and all team control if Tiburon fixed some of the things that made us have to resort to controlling 32 teams. Things like poor AI roster management, depth charts and teams having jacked up playcalling were some of the reasons people used 32 team control. Players with duplicate numbers, crazy equipment configurations and player's pictures not matching up with in game skin color are some of the reasons people loved player editing. Madden lack the details and the tools that were removed gave us the option to carve out a better experience that wasnt available out of the box.

-Juke

YES! YES! YES!

This. Exactly. I don't mind 'adapting', but that's what got me (us) into this situation to start with. I never 'wanted' to control all of the teams, until a few years ago...when franchises started breaking b/c a team can't sign enough K or QBs or whatever. And then they use #1 picks for QBs for 3 straight yrs in Franchise...AI can't properly cut/sign proper FAs, cutting starters instead...stuff like that, forced us to control everything.

Now we are left in the wind 'hoping' that our franchises...sorry...Connected Careers...wont' become defunct due to AI errors - which we can't correct ourselves any longer.

But there's always play now online, and ultimate team.
**they will work IF you have working servers, and IF your internet is 100% rock solid and on all the time.

Problem: Product quality no longer directly relates to profits. And that's where the free market and supply and consumer demand theories can't help...because this is now a different game, with different rules. A game where consumers are losing their voice, and the power to affect the market. Just my take though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »