Home

Well, I Guess This Says It All

This is a discussion on Well, I Guess This Says It All within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I just don't get comments like these. do you realize that CC is franchise mode? Just about everything you could do in the old mode you can do in this one. But CC is better; for years we have been crying for immersion and the news and twitter features gives us that.

It may not be called "franchise mode" but CC is the deepest franchise mode we have had since Madden 2005, and the best on this gen by far.
I wouldn't consider no fantasy draft, no player edits, no 2-player CC, no multi-team control, no OC/DC signing, no team relocation better...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1

If you can tell me how I can change the Chiefs playbook from the Crennel offense and his 3-4, and do things like move a DE to LB (like was done with Tamba Hali) I will be thrilled.

If you can tell me how I can erase an online CC so I can play one with the fixes, I'll be more thrilled.

As far as I can tell, if I'm playing as KC, I play with whatever the ratings EA gave the players, at whatever position they put them, and with whatever playbook they gave them. Oh, and I cannot do a draft.

How is this "pretty much the same?"

i'm serious, if you can answer these questions, i'd love it and blow kisses your way.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I still don't like the fact about forcing the offline gamer into the online atmosphere. Their separate and should remain that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I still don't like the fact about forcing the offline gamer into the online atmosphere. Their separate and should remain that way.
Like it or not it's the way of the future and it's only a matter of time before all these companies will be doing the same exact thing. Mark my words.

At least this is playable offline. From what I've read, the SimCity game coming out soon for PC is totally reliant on being played online.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWO35
I wouldn't consider no fantasy draft, no player edits, no 2-player CC, no multi-team control, no OC/DC signing, no team relocation better...
No fantasy draft -- admittedly I never did that so I don't care for it not being present. I realize other people may care but I don't. Franchise mode (whatever it be called) to me is about controlling an NFL team -- not a fantasy team.

no player edits -- this for me is big. Not because of equipment or anything cosmetic though. I want to be able to change positions. After Ray Lewis retires I would like to switch to a 4-3 but I can't because I can't do things like move Ngata to a DT. This hurts the "be the coach of the team" aspect
hopefully it will be patched in, but I think we will have to wait until next year.

no 2 player CC -- Well this is wrong obviously. If you mean two offline players sharing a console, I don't know how to say this nicely but...its 2012 get online. All things considered, a very small percentage of players did this anyway. It was not worth the problems.

no multi-team control -- This defeats the whole purpose of a franchise mode anyway. The purpose should be to control a team and compete against other teams.

no oc/dc signing -- This is a bummer but lets be honest, what did this add to the game last year? It may have boosted a couple of ratings for some players? It was poorly implemented and I am glad it is gone because that suggests that in the future we will get staff features similar to Head Coach implemented.

no team relocation -- this is something like icing on the cake. MLB the Show and NBA 2k are know for being the cream of the crop in sports games. do they have relocation? It would be nice if it were in but its absence hardly diminishes the game.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Like it or not it's the way of the future and it's only a matter of time before all these companies will be doing the same exact thing. Mark my words.

At least this is playable offline. From what I've read, the SimCity game coming out soon for PC is totally reliant on being played online.
Now that pisses me off greatly lol. But I have read that if you wish to be in your own private region like the old games you can, you just have to be connected all the time. That sucks
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
If you can tell me how I can change the Chiefs playbook from the Crennel offense and his 3-4, and do things like move a DE to LB (like was done with Tamba Hali) I will be thrilled.

If you can tell me how I can erase an online CC so I can play one with the fixes, I'll be more thrilled.

As far as I can tell, if I'm playing as KC, I play with whatever the ratings EA gave the players, at whatever position they put them, and with whatever playbook they gave them. Oh, and I cannot do a draft.

How is this "pretty much the same?"

i'm serious, if you can answer these questions, i'd love it and blow kisses your way.
Changing playbooks is easy. When you create your coach you select what playbook you wish to use. But you can't use custom playbooks and that sucks big time. Should be relatively simple to patch in though.

Can't change positions. That does suck. They say they are looking into a way to patch edits in but don't hold your breath.
I don't understand what you meant regarding erasing a CC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #16
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

no 2 player CC -- Well this is wrong obviously. If you mean two offline players sharing a console, I don't know how to say this nicely but...its 2012 get online. All things considered, a very small percentage of players did this anyway. It was not worth the problems.

no multi-team control -- This defeats the whole purpose of a franchise mode anyway. The purpose should be to control a team and compete against other teams.

Quite possibly the two most ignorant things said in this entire thread.

So youve never friend/brother/uncle come over and play as the WR or RB, while you QB, and hit up some franchise games? Quite frankly after week 8 of the real season, thats all me and my friends do. Playing alone is quite depressing really when you play as the skins.

And the controlling the league doesnt defeat the purpose at all, it IS the purpose for a lot of people, just like yours is to play as one team. I dont play like that, but the fact EA would take it out arbitrarily after decade of being in the game, is assanine at best.
WIZ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »