Home

Well, I Guess This Says It All

This is a discussion on Well, I Guess This Says It All within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Read the reviews on Amazon. 2.5 stars (out of 5) - 161 reviews.
161 is a very small sample size. And let me pose this question to you:
Who is more likely to log in to amazon to post a review? A person unhappy with the game or a person who is happy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #66
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's an extremely vocal minority. Generally, people who are really digging the game are playing instead of posting
I doubt all these guys on OS are also member at other media outlets lol.

There are a lot of forums, comment sections on review sites, youtube and even Amazon talking about the exact same thing. On top of that I am not seeing alot of my xbox live friends playing Madden and thats weird.

Maybe all the guys who are enjoying the game isnt online posting but who really knows tho?

-Juke
Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 AM   #67
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Who is more likely to log in to amazon to post a review? A person unhappy with the game or a person who is happy?
And that is a great and rather easy to answer question. Like others have said, they didn't remove those oh so coveted options that are missing. CCM was built from the ground up, and if I remember correctly, was being worked on for a couple of years prior to release. I figure you can include IE with that as well.

CCM is a huge, expansive mode containing Franchise and Superstar modes into one easy to operate interface. Yes, it's a darn shame some of those options were left out and we can only speculate as to the reasons. Give it a chance though. If you have LIVE or have a PS3, just make an online CCM and set it to private to get the minor corrections offline CCM hasn't gotten. It's a fantastic Franchise mode. Yes, certain things didn't make it in, but this is the foundation. They are renovating the house since it was about to be condemned.

Or you can continue to be the vocal minority, be angry at EA for sullying the name of Madden Football, or whatever it is you do when something doesn't go your way. (not talking about you simmonds, I agree with your points. It's pretty pointless to get all pissy and stressed out over video game features)

P.S. To people asking for refunds on a played copy of Madden. Good luck.

P. P. S. Madden sold 900,000 or so, so far. I'm sure the people who enjoy the new features far outweighs the people who are outraged at the new features.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #68
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
And that is a great and rather easy to answer question. Like others have said, they didn't remove those oh so coveted options that are missing. CCM was built from the ground up, and if I remember correctly, was being worked on for a couple of years prior to release. I figure you can include IE with that as well.

CCM is a huge, expansive mode containing Franchise and Superstar modes into one easy to operate interface. Yes, it's a darn shame some of those options were left out and we can only speculate as to the reasons. Give it a chance though. If you have LIVE or have a PS3, just make an online CCM and set it to private to get the minor corrections offline CCM hasn't gotten. It's a fantastic Franchise mode. Yes, certain things didn't make it in, but this is the foundation. They are renovating the house since it was about to be condemned.

Or you can continue to be the vocal minority, be angry at EA for sullying the name of Madden Football, or whatever it is you do when something doesn't go your way. (not talking about you simmonds, I agree with your points. It's pretty pointless to get all pissy and stressed out over video game features)

P.S. To people asking for refunds on a played copy of Madden. Good luck.

P. P. S. Madden sold 900,000 or so, so far. I'm sure the people who enjoy the new features far outweighs the people who are outraged at the new features.
All that is fine and dandy but some people are missing the point on why some are vocal.

I am all aboard with a new foundation but dont build a new house and put your same ole furnisher in it!

Im sure people wouldnt be so upset with the removal of editing and all team control if Tiburon fixed some of the things that made us have to resort to controlling 32 teams. Things like poor AI roster management, depth charts and teams having jacked up playcalling were some of the reasons people used 32 team control. Players with duplicate numbers, crazy equipment configurations and player's pictures not matching up with in game skin color are some of the reasons people loved player editing. Madden lack the details and the tools that were removed gave us the option to carve out a better experience that wasnt available out of the box.

-Juke
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #69
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
If there weren't very many positive reviews on Amazon, yours would be a valid point. But the following shows that people who like a game do indeed show up to review it:

Madden 12 - 256 reviews, 3.5 stars
NFL 2K5 - 128 reviews, 4.5 stars
nba 2k11 - 154 reviews, 4.5 stars
Arkham City - 354 reviews, 4.5 stars

I could go on and on and on.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
If there weren't very many positive reviews on Amazon, yours would be a valid point. But the following shows that people who like a game do indeed show up to review it:

Madden 12 - 256 reviews, 3.5 stars
NFL 2K5 - 128 reviews, 4.5 stars
nba 2k11 - 154 reviews, 4.5 stars
Arkham City - 354 reviews, 4.5 stars

I could go on and on and on.
And that is why I can't take it very seriously. It's all subjective at best.

3.5 stars for 12, and 2.5 for 13.

Nah.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

Last night after over an hour i finally got a trade to go thru with my jets for mike wallace, i even made sure i cut jordan white who wears 17 so mike wallace would have his number on my team. Once the trade got accepted Mike Wallace was given 82.

My ultimate pet peeve is not being able to pick my players numbers, it was a huge let down seeing mike wallace as number 82..

Too some that might not be a big deal, but to me it is huge. Similar to how others feel about the fantasy draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #72
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And that is why I can't take it very seriously. It's all subjective at best.

3.5 stars for 12, and 2.5 for 13.

Nah.
Of course it's subjective. It's based on opinions, like all games. But my point was that people who like games do show up to review them. Amazon reviewers aren't just a bunch of bashers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »