Home

Well, I Guess This Says It All

This is a discussion on Well, I Guess This Says It All within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1
Well, I Guess This Says It All

Mr. Price, do you know if this is a for real post (from the EA forums)?

"This was a response to a specific question about controlling multiple players as a coach. By "it's exactly the same" I meant "how you control the players on the field is exactly the same". Give me the benefit of the doubt - I was up front about the other features on the first page of this thread.

I’m sorry I can’t provide the answers you’re looking for regarding all the features that you love. In the end, I’m just a programmer trying to help you guys learn about the game. I can’t promise anything about the patches we have planned, but I can promise that there are active discussions about all of the features you’ve mentioned.

What I will say is that this reboot year has put Madden in a fantastic position going forward. Of course we knew there was downside and risk. That’s true of any reboot. But the upside is huge. We now have a fully integrated online platform. We have a single mode that we can update every year without having to ignore two other modes. We will bring back all the important features in time, and they’ll be better than ever.

I hope you guys will still find fun ways to play the game. I can’t say much more on this subject."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Well, I Guess This Says It All

I'm sure EA knew there was going to be issues, but they had to change things up because the last few Maddens just weren't cutting it. They really have built a good foundation with 13. Yes there are problems but it can only go up from here.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
Mr. Price, do you know if this is a for real post (from the EA forums)?

"This was a response to a specific question about controlling multiple players as a coach. By "it's exactly the same" I meant "how you control the players on the field is exactly the same". Give me the benefit of the doubt - I was up front about the other features on the first page of this thread.

I’m sorry I can’t provide the answers you’re looking for regarding all the features that you love. In the end, I’m just a programmer trying to help you guys learn about the game. I can’t promise anything about the patches we have planned, but I can promise that there are active discussions about all of the features you’ve mentioned.

What I will say is that this reboot year has put Madden in a fantastic position going forward. Of course we knew there was downside and risk. That’s true of any reboot. But the upside is huge. We now have a fully integrated online platform. We have a single mode that we can update every year without having to ignore two other modes. We will bring back all the important features in time, and they’ll be better than ever.

I hope you guys will still find fun ways to play the game. I can’t say much more on this subject."

I'm taking it you didn't read it until the end?

Final thoughts: I think accountability is important and that's one of the reasons I'm here. I'm bringing back lots of feedback about the changes we've made. Most of the things you've brought up were already top priorities before the game was released. Some of them we plan to act on this year. Some of them we'll take back as new priorities for next year.

Last edited by roadman; 08-29-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Seems like he is just being political and anecdotal based on that hes just a programmer and cant say anything/ has no idea.

This backlash for such a simple feature being taken out, custom rosters/ editing players*...that has been in past decade or so of maddens, that is mode-breaking... seems like it needs to be patched to some extent.
WIZ
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Banned

js3512's Arena

Isn't it obvious by now? They chose to reboot this year so that they'd be in good shape with the release of the new systems instead of having to reboot once those system were being shipped ala Madden 06. As much as it may suck losing those features now, it's probably better to lose them now in order to have them back for the launch of next gen instead of losing them at the launch of next gen. All that would do is cause next gen to be a mess just like this one was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I can afford to not have the $60. It's just a really, really poor P.R. decision because it takes out a lot of offline or franchise type players, who like me, won't end up playing much as a result and may not come back. I would venture to guess many more people played offline and franchise than they thought. However, I'm sure their business idea is probably rooted in milking online purchases of tokens, coaches, players, etc. and probably deals with various social networking sites for tie ins, etc.

It's a shame that what was a great franchise, one of the few left, has been lost to me and so many others.

Also, the "reboot" statement is probably the closest thing to the truth we'll get, JS. That does, however, amount to highway robbery and at best, disingenuous practice by EA.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 08-30-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: JS Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
Well, I can afford to not have the $60. It's just a really, really poor P.R. decision because it takes out a lot of offline or franchise type players, who like me, won't end up playing much as a result and may not come back. I would venture to guess many more people played offline and franchise than they thought. However, I'm sure their business idea is probably rooted in milking online purchases of tokens, coaches, players, etc. and probably deals with various social networking sites for tie ins, etc.

It's a shame that what was a great franchise, one of the few left, has been lost to me and so many others.

Also, the "reboot" statement is probably the closest thing to the truth we'll get, JS. That does, however, amount to highway robbery and at best, disingenuous practice by EA.
I just don't get comments like these. do you realize that CC is franchise mode? Just about everything you could do in the old mode you can do in this one. But CC is better; for years we have been crying for immersion and the news and twitter features gives us that.

It may not be called "franchise mode" but CC is the deepest franchise mode we have had since Madden 2005, and the best on this gen by far.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
Banned

js3512's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I just don't get comments like these. do you realize that CC is franchise mode? Just about everything you could do in the old mode you can do in this one. But CC is better; for years we have been crying for immersion and the news and twitter features gives us that.

It may not be called "franchise mode" but CC is the deepest franchise mode we have had since Madden 2005, and the best on this gen by far.
Well said, and in a few years time noone will even think about franchise anymore once they phase back in all the old features and launch on the next gen platforms with what should be a solid game.

There's things I don't like about it myself but I'm not gonna sit around acting like a crybaby over it. I'm gonna find a way to enjoy the game. Everyone's so dead set on playing the game "their" way but I bet more than half of them haven't given any other way a fair shot. It's a freaking video game, have fun with it. It doesn't always have to be exactly like real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »