Home

Madden User score at metacritic

This is a discussion on Madden User score at metacritic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden User score at metacritic

Meanwhile sales are up from last year.

More people are going to decide the game because of physics and a new game mode than people who aren't going to buy it because fantasy draft and roster customization is gone.

I'm not going to tell anybody that they shouldn't be upset about those things being gone. The best/worst thing about madden up to this point was its stability; you knew that each year you were getting a little bit more than last year. A little bit deeper in franchise. A few new animations. But never something big or major because they were building on such an entrenched foundation that they couldn't do anything major.

Point is, Madden 13 is a different game than 12. If madden 13 had come out and been more of the same and NFL 2k13 had come out and been exactly what Madden is people would be estatic.

It has issues, some major, and there are features that need to be added back in, but giving it a 0 is asinine.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden User score at metacritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmember2
User scores for big franchise games and other popular things can be tough to interpret. People will post a great or mediocre score without even playing the game. Leaving a comment like "Best game ever!" or "They took away my fav mode so the whole thing sucks". I love user reviews because in theory they're an honest assessment of user exp. By the same token I've learned to read deeper then the star rating or score to eliminate the "less then helpful" reviews, good or bad.
Exactly, they're fun to read, but most of the time are completely unreliable and useless. Let's face it: a person with a minimum of objectivity cannot give to this game 0 or 10. And guess what are the most scores you find in metacritic ? zeros and tens.

It would be much more useful a facebook-like way to say "I like it" or "Don't like it", but exposing a mathematical average of user reviews doesn't make so much sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »