Home

Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

This is a discussion on Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

Couple points:

- Scouting does not get more expensive at the end. Feel free to bank.
- Once you unlock an attribute, if it should change (the attributes WILL change for some players who are part of the "plot arc"), it will automatically update. You won't need to spend those points again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I usually start around week 8 or 9. By that time i know what my team needs and i know who will decide to test free agency.

Im starting to not pay attention to the schemes so much. Idc if i draft a balanced rb with A speed B elusiveness and B trucking and my scheme is a power o. That rb has better tools than any rb that fits my team. It dumb that he should see such a big drop in overall.

The scheme and player type thing was a good idea but implemented wrong imho. If i run a wesy coast o but draft a stong arm qb that still has B accuracy ratings why should he take a hit in ovr rating?
yeah the schemes thing is pretty dumb. Its comical that EA thinks they understand football schemes better than Belichick. Pats move up for first time in years to draft Chandler Jones in 1st round, he looks awesome in preseason. but Pats schemes has him as a 66 OVR rating. stoopid Bill belichick just drafted a beast who cant play for him, maybe we should fire Bill and get that old bald guy to coach the Pats in Madden...oh wait..
Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

Agreed bank the points then spend them on your needs at the end of the season. Just a bit of caution on that. Use your points the week before the draft or you risk losing them and going into the draft with no scouting done.

I was experimenting and I messed up and found out once draft day comes no more scouting. So I think I will spend them from now on about two to three weeks after the superbowl.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
The only glitch I am seeing is when you try and change part way through your connected career (offline for me), to go to every four weeks, it still brings up weekly progression updates under your action panel...

Anyone else see this?
Yeah i noticed it too. started with progressing every week, then changed to every four weeks. i see it on my list all the time. i am planning on manually progressing everyone anyway so its kinda an "ehh whatever" type of thing for me at least.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I scout once I know what draft picks I have in the off-season. Then I scout players I could possibly draft.

Why waste points during the season thinking you're going to get around this pick but end up with something completely different?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
yeah the schemes thing is pretty dumb. Its comical that EA thinks they understand football schemes better than Belichick. Pats move up for first time in years to draft Chandler Jones in 1st round, he looks awesome in preseason. but Pats schemes has him as a 66 OVR rating. stoopid Bill belichick just drafted a beast who cant play for him, maybe we should fire Bill and get that old bald guy to coach the Pats in Madden...oh wait..
The overall rating has nothing to do with how the player performs on the field. It's just there to give bring you attention to guys that line up well in your scheme so then you can look into their ratings. Overall is almost meaningless in this year's game as its more there just to give you a way to target players. I switched to a 3-4 and my middle linebackers overall dropped significantly but I knew their recognition AMD tackle ratings were high so I play them any way and they are studs.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've heard this referenced in a different post, but what are the coaching upgrades and where do I get them? I know where to find the upgrades for XP for players and all that, but I don't see anything about increasing scouting points or XP earned...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wait till the end of the season. I dont see any reason to do it during. Scouting pts carry over, the point values for unlocking att doesnt increase and you will have alot better idea of what needs you have in the off season as apposed to week 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »