Home

Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

This is a discussion on Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
Rookie

Narcissiist's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you scout every week or bank your points and scout later?

You can save them but not for all so long. I save mine til it's the very end I ended up with 46000 points. Js.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Save it until you reach the end of the first week in Free Agency. From here, you can figure out what you need, what you can improve, and what you want more depth in.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #35
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I do all my scouting in weeks 4,8,12, and 17. I basically use the in-season scouting to get a read on players that I'm looking at and then use the offseason scouting to go more in depth on certain guys. It's been working out really nice. I also spend my coach XP on the Expert Scout Package and it is awesome. It only gives 1.5x the scouting points, not double like it says, but it allows you to scout a ton more players and when you get to the offseason and you get 4000 points instead of 2000 it allows to do a ton more in terms of looking at players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1

I just wait until the end of the season. I guess you could call this cheating but I write down important attributes or schemes for players and when I use up all the SP I just turn off the game and do it again until I know exactly who I'm going to draft. Then I trade away higher picks to get 4th or 5th rounders that "look" good. I never unlock overall or traits because I feel like that's too easy. And sometimes the players are busts anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

i usually wait for the last couple weeks, after playoffs if your team did good n you get the scout package it might be worth it to wait longer.i look for specific attributes that i need.i prefer slants n will only throw to someone on a fly if he got some space from the defender, so i need speed.if the reciever doesnt have outstanding speed i simply dont scout him.same with running back, speed fits my play style for revievers and running backs.
if you scout at week 16-17 you also will most likely not be willing to stupidly waste points on something n have some ready for draft day, mock drafts arent totally accurate n u might have to change your whole drafting plan and need points to get more in depth on the players you didnt fully research because someone was much better than them.
you scout a week before draft day you will most likely subconsciously waste points n have none in reserve on draft day.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

latest you can use your scouting points is stage #7 of fa. also the last time you can pick a trade before trade up/down in the draft.
unfortunately what you should get free is physicals from the combine and INJ for those that attend. the physicals can be out or a player plays faster on film. but the INJ must be correct, in fact even those who dont go the combine their inj should be available to you before you sign a contract.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oh man, this thread was an extremely helpful find.

I didn't realize you could bank points. I just assumed you had 2,000 per week to spend and they'd expire once you simulated through that week. I'm on Week Five in an online franchise, so I guess it would behoove me to take the next 4-5 weeks of scouting off to stockpile some points.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #40
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

^^How did you buy a package that gives you the ability to have 2000 scouting points over 1000 every week?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »