Home

Pass Rushing is Fun Again

This is a discussion on Pass Rushing is Fun Again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Pass Rushing is Fun Again

For all who have trouble rushing the passer only use the LEFT STICK..****n wide and in you'll notice a world of difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Pass Rushing is Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
For all who have trouble rushing the passer only use the LEFT STICK..****n wide and in you'll notice a world of difference
I've read this somewhere before and I have a question about it. Are you playing with auto-sprint on or off? I've read that people are heading wide and then using sprint. So should I turn auto-sprint off and control it myself?

Also, it's unfortunate that we have to manually control the RE to generate a pass rush. Sometimes I like to play as the SS but can't trust the computer to generate a pass rush from the right side of my defense.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
So the speed rush is the only way? That SUCKS of that's the case. The Pass rush/block mini-game is the most intriguing in football and this game doesn't respect it enough to have some semblance of it in the game? I REFUSE to believe that.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
So the speed rush is the only way? That SUCKS of that's the case. The Pass rush/block mini-game is the most intriguing in football and this game doesn't respect it enough to have some semblance of it in the game? I REFUSE to believe that.
Not the only way but i would guess the most effective way. Which kinda makes sense because any DE is gonna try to get past the tackle if possible rather than engage him.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Not the only way but i would guess the most effective way. Which kinda makes sense because any DE is gonna try to get past the tackle if possible rather than engage him.
Though it does hurt those that try to pass rush as a 3-4 power move/bull rush defensive end. They're often not fast enough to use the speed rush tactic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Does this work when blitzing olbs?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
So much more effective that it's the only way it sounds...

And, no, it doesn't make sense because engaging the blocker is part of the game. You can't just run around them all the time. See TeamBuilder's post.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
Rookie

reece420's Arena

OVR: 3

You could do this for a while now. In old maddens I use to get Trindon Holliday from the texans, change him to a DE. His speed and acceleration is already 97/98. And his size is 5'5. Just before the snap run to the out side or jump the line right at the hike and you will zoom past the oline. Also works in NCAA 13 really well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »