Home

Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #41
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

I think EA has moved in the right direction with connected careers , a easily doable patch and this game mode is the best in football history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
What's sad is that the conclusion you came out of reading what i said is that, "they sold more because they used ads?"

They advertised the s**t out of this game. They had a different hall of famer on Sportscenter and ESPN's other 500 tv & radio shows talking about the game. They have Skip Bayless' twitter in the game so that gets the First Take people to mention the game. You act as if getting ESPN fully behind your product isn't a big deal. Yes ESPN always spends some time talking about Madden, but they went even harder this year with it.

It's not just, "they used ads."
It was the first thing you wrote so in my eyes you seem to think that was the most important part.....I didnt write it you did....madden is so big just like call of duty it my help with hype but its not the biggest reason it sells well....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #43
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
I will never get the hype about this game. "Madden" was a way better game before the next-gen consoles were released. EA have just never been trying to get the max out of this hardware. Madden + Xbox/PS3 = A step back...
Old 08-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #44
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
I really wasn't gonna buy it. But I did. To me it's the best version of Madden in a long time. That being said it just means I'm having a really good time with it. Improvements are imminent and I guess this will be the team of devs that are willing to listen and implement from the consumers voices. I really advise guys who don't have the game yet to give it a shot maybe down the line after a few patches and maybe a holiday price drop, but always remember its what you make of the experience so always adjust the sliders etc. to fit your gaming wants and needs. No game will ever be perfect... And this is coming from a 2K5 supporter. Enjoy fellas!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #45
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

The village has spoken. The game is hot. Its not perfect, but nothing in life is. Good start for the Madden team!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
I will never get the hype about this game. "Madden" was a way better game before the next-gen consoles were released. EA have just never been trying to get the max out of this hardware. Madden + Xbox/PS3 = A step back...
Yes, PS2 madden ... they even had tattos... I mean you could edit , track your stats, change any equipment... The Tony Bruno show, Newspaper, the Sim style of franchise was taken out and replace with a huge BETA test server only connected version of MADDEN... EA Good job. Good Effort. This kinda reaminds me of Final Fantasy online only which was a disater cause it did not sale... since it had online only..Socom did the same mistake at one point never got it right again... I hope EA gets it right , but honestly i say this every year... there all a big hype machine... that one day will crumble.. and i will be around to smile and make sure to point out the lack of effort put into this game was just sad, makes me want to move out of Florida since this is where i live & the game is produce in the state they let me down....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wista5
( "665,464 total social interactions on Facebook and Twitter combined, and the game has been mentioned on average every six seconds on Twitter.") I think this is mainly people complaining about the removal of Franchise and Fantasy Draft. They list that like it's a positive thing, gotta love EA.
i dunno what your thinking, i been playing madden since the 90s, and been one of the first to diss ea sports, especially madden, but this game is awesome... connected careers is better than franchise ever was, even the ones that you could make your own stadium in, and the online is actually fun again
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Initial sales have always jump in Madden since 2010, so this is nothing new. The real story will be around Christmas. The initial sales have jumped then fallen around the holidays, and the past 3 years global sales have declined. NCAA is a prime example of this.
dude fifa is the most popular sports game in the world for a reason, cause its futbol haha, madden is a niche sport we enjoy in america

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »