Home

Progression/upgrades and XP

This is a discussion on Progression/upgrades and XP within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Progression/upgrades and XP

What's the deal here? I'm playing Coach career mode, simmed both preseason games, but did a couple low-point simple practices. (got 700XP to spend)

I have a certain amount of points for each player, how am I getting these? Automatic? Should I be playing the preseason games and using the guys I would prefer to upgrade?

Whos got the details?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Progression/upgrades and XP

XP is determined by performance. The better the player plays, the more XP they receive.

Aside from individual performance some positions have team orientated goals. An example is my RT, FB, etc gain XP for team rushing yards. My LT gains XP from team passing yards.

This gives us reason to play the preseason. Take your low rated rookie and get him playtime in the preseason to get him some boosts.

On a related note, you will notice that skill boosts are much cheaper than physical boosts. When I draft rookies I don't pick a guy if his physical skillset is less than a B.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Preseason games give your players XP. If you sim the games, they'll still get the XP. You can either give each player XP or you can auto-progress them which automatically give them the XP in the areas they deserved from the game. Not exactly sure how the comp decides to distribute the XP.
You also have upgrades for your coach you can use with different points.
There are also SP which are scout points you can use.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good stuff. Basically what I assumed. I think I'll start fresh and play the preseason. Bench the starters and highly rated guys and play the crap out of the rooks and lower rated guys.
Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »