Home

Re-signing issue?

This is a discussion on Re-signing issue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re-signing issue?

I'm the Colts in CCM and it came up on my checklist that I needed to negotiate with Mathis as he only had 1 year left on his contract. I did that but he rejected my new contract offer and now it wont let me make him another offer? HELP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Re-signing issue?

Did you advance to the next week? Next week there should be an option to keep negotiating. If not....

Did you lowball him? I think if you offer a contract that is not close to what he wants he will refuse to negotiate and enter free agency.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanoo
I'm the Colts in CCM and it came up on my checklist that I needed to negotiate with Mathis as he only had 1 year left on his contract. I did that but he rejected my new contract offer and now it wont let me make him another offer? HELP
If you lowball them they will wait it out and become a free agent

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Did you advance to the next week? Next week there should be an option to keep negotiating. If not....

Did you lowball him? I think if you offer a contract that is not close to what he wants he will refuse to negotiate and enter free agency.
Yea, but thats what you do when negotiating a new contract, you have to start off low, no'one jumps in with a high offer straight away.

Oh well, thank god it's only my tester CCM and not my real one. I will learn from this.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
If you lowball them they will wait it out and become a free agent

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Love the lowball reaction this year. The chargers put Hester on the block and I wanted a receiving fullback but I'm obviously not giving up anything for a fullback so I offered three cut fodder players that I was going to dump anyway to see if they would take it if not I was just planning on adjusting the offer. Loved that they just moved him to another team without letting me counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't get why you should need to re-sign him anyways. Looking under team salaries reflects the contract extension he signed in real life, yet every time I've tried a Colts CCM he has asked to negotiate.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanoo
Yea, but thats what you do when negotiating a new contract, you have to start off low, no'one jumps in with a high offer straight away.

Oh well, thank god it's only my tester CCM and not my real one. I will learn from this.
No it is not what you do. Say a guy wants 15 mil a year and you start at 10. That is not what I mean by lowballing; that is basic negotiation. Lowballing would be offering him 6. They don't react too kindly to that.

How much did he want and how much did you offer? I would like to get an idea on what the game sets as the lowball "threshold"
Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by method29
I don't get why you should need to re-sign him anyways. Looking under team salaries reflects the contract extension he signed in real life, yet every time I've tried a Colts CCM he has asked to negotiate.
He was extended this offseason correct? Its the same thing with Rice. Even though he was extended he keeps wanting to renegotiate. Something about players who were extended this past offseason is causing a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »