Home

depth chart in ccm menus vs in game

This is a discussion on depth chart in ccm menus vs in game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
depth chart in ccm menus vs in game

What is up with the depth charts? There's a huge difference between when I'm in the depth chart in the ccm menu vs when I go play a game. Tons of guys with 5-10 point differences in overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: depth chart in ccm menus vs in game

I have the same issue/question.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
The schemes in CCM cause players overalls to change. In play now it's just a standard baseline overall.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

this happens to me too. i go to my depth chart in ccm, then go into game in ccm and my center has an eleven point drop in his overall. perhaps its the playbook i chose?

because otherwise team scheme doesn't explain it
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Same problem here. Does it have something to do with hot/cold streaks? Or is it just another glitch!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
Rookie

The reason for this is that in during a game in CCM the depth chart displays their actual ratings, as in the ones that Donny Moore set for play now/online play. The ratings shown in the depth chart in the CCM menu screen is adjusted based on your schemes you run (ie: power run or prototype cb etc.).

Now I'm not sure why the in game CCM depth chart doesn't show the adjusted values...
Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenom21
The reason for this is that in during a game in CCM the depth chart displays their actual ratings, as in the ones that Donny Moore set for play now/online play. The ratings shown in the depth chart in the CCM menu screen is adjusted based on your schemes you run (ie: power run or prototype cb etc.).

Now I'm not sure why the in game CCM depth chart doesn't show the adjusted values...
I don't think this is the case...because even KOS, PR/KR, LOS, and 3DRB change durastically. On top of that, why in gods green earth would they show you base OVR in CCM, then adjust it in game for schemes??? That makes precisely zero sense
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephenom21

THANK YOU!
I made a thread about this yesterday, basically asking the same question. This does in fact sound right, I think. It would then mean that looking at overall rating during a CCM game would mean nothing, since it doesn't calculate the differences in scheme (and perhaps the production rating as well, since all rookies have higher OVR stat when in the game).
Yet it is only cosmetic in the end!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »