Home

Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Player Progression is broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #57
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Connected Careers Player Progression is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
If you look at other rosters thats not there REAL overall. It's there overall if they was in your scheme. If you have the same scheme you will have the same rating. Thats why they want you to get players rthat fit YOUR scheme.
regardless of scheme the CPU teams don't get practice XP therfore barely progress
How is this realistic ?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #58

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
I guess my question is, if the players are playing like they're supposed to, what's the difference? I mean I understand the aesthetic need for a great player to be a 90+ overall, but in my 8+ seasons in CCM not having all the 90+ players hasn't made a lick of difference. I just wonder how many people are simply focused on a number, not on how they play(arguably the more important thing)
Old 09-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I guess my question is, if the players are playing like they're supposed to, what's the difference? I mean I understand the aesthetic need for a great player to be a 90+ overall, but in my 8+ seasons in CCM not having all the 90+ players hasn't made a lick of difference. I just wonder how many people are simply focused on a number, not on how they play(arguably the more important thing)
This is an excellent point, perhaps we all need to focus on our team's only, progressing our players to meet our schemes and play at least 10 seasons, if the CPU teams are putting up the proper stats and records, and CPU players are trending (in terms of turn over; the players that take the place of other players over time) and all looks well forgetting OVR's of CPU players, then all is working as it is suppose to.

As how would you as the coach of your team know what other teams (CPUs) ratings for players be? It's like saying McCarthy knows what rating player x is given by Rex Ryan. He wouldn't, he would only know what rating player x has to himself... and that is what we are seeing.

This even applies to young/new players on CPU teams not seemingly progressing by their ratings; because the value that is being placed on them is from our prospective/scheme not the CPUs.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #60
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Yatch
It can and does happen if you know how to play the game. A couple people have said it a couple times already. You have to save up to get the package that makes things cost less(its comparable to ambition in head coach 09). Also, when you picked your coach style, what kind of coach did you pick?

All 3 coach types (motivator, strategist, team builder) have DIFFERENT skills that make them easier or harder depending on what you're trying to do with what team(a team with no talent NEEDS a team builder for instance).

Motivators makes it so players want to play for you more. Free agents will pick your team over others for similar money. Player also play harder in clutch situations for a motivator coach(you're never out of a game with john madden or Vince lombardi coaching on the side line in other words)...

Strategist makes it so xp packages for players and the coach COST LESS.
THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT TO PICK IF YOU WANT TO PROGRESS YOUR TEAM FASTER. They also happen to be some of the best play callers so gameflow works better under them.

Team Builder makes it easier to scout and something else... cant remember right now. Doesnt matter as most wont pick it usually.

Is this true? Where did you find this info? Wish I'd known that before I started my CCM....
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #61
Rookie

Okay i have a question.....i like useing xavier omon as running back { hes a 61} if a have a 2000 yard rushing season with him will i get the rating i desearve.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #62
Rookie

Okay this might be a biit off topic...( i do agree damn thing is broken tho} i like playing with xavier omon if i run for 2000 yards am i going to get the rating he desearves...?
Hes a 61
Old 09-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #63
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinner622
Player progression in Madden 13 is simply broken. This does not only apply to user control teams, but mainly for cpu control teams. I'm in the 3rd season of my Connected Careers Mode as a coach of the Oakland Raiders, and player progression is simply non existent especially for the cpu. The new xp system lets you manually progress your own players. That mean the days of players automatically progressing are basically over(minor rating improvements). That's all cool and dandy, but the same progression logic happens to the cpu control teams as well. That means that the cpu is having a tough time catching up. I simulated three season, and it's currently hard to find a quarterback in the 90's overall. Players are not being rewarded for there good performances, which is basically the purpose of the mode. Andrew Luck in my franchise had two season where he threw for over 4,000 yrds and his overall is an 84. Try simulating a couple seasons yourself, and see if you want to continue a mode where player progression is non existent!

im in the preseason of my third season with the raiders as a coach, i had heward bay at a 92 by week 8 of my first season and i drafted a qb came out an 80 now he is a 90 and pryor is my backup he is an 81.

progression is not broken you just dont know what to upgrade to fit your scheme

all this done on all pro with 5 min quarters
Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

After playing through multiple seasons with the CC mode it's clear that the progression is not very good.

I've gone through the boring practices, played my back-ups, and focused my coach xp points on individual players to try to boost how much they are rewarded each week. There's just very little auto progression for players in the league, and when manually progressing players it takes too long because the cost of increasing the attributes is too high, while the time it takes to build xp is way too long.

For example, I had a 68 overall 1st yr linebacker start & complete a whole season after my starter was hurt. He had 130 tackles and ended up getting what seemed like a lot of xp (55k at the end of the year). The 55k really didn't do much though, and after upping various attributes his ovr rating was still only a 72 - this would be fine if the young players who put up numbers like that also receive a good boost from auto progression as well, but they don't.

We should be able to just train players like in NBA2k, as others have mentioned. It's more fun to develop young players, and you feel like you have more control over the progression of your team.

Last edited by SlackJawedYokel; 09-02-2012 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »