Home

Is there anyone else who play primary cpu vs cpu

This is a discussion on Is there anyone else who play primary cpu vs cpu within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there anyone else who play primary cpu vs cpu

This alone is the reason this is the worst Madden they've released imo.

I got so good at the game, and realized the cpu just can't compete in a realistic manner with a human opponent, that I long ago stopped playing many games.

I also don't enjoy playing many human opponents because not enough people know about football. It takes the fun out of the game trying to play someone who doesn't know when to punt or that they can't play the entire game in a goal line defense.

For this reason I play as a General Manager/Coach. I like to build my team, set the sliders and gameplan and let the cpu play each other.

Anyone else experienced witht his?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is there anyone else who play primary cpu vs cpu

Same here. That's the only way I play Madden anymore. I think it is the best way to play games. I am still on the fence about this years game, so I am on here trying to find out as much info as possible this morning. I have to go by a Gamestop later and was wondering if I should stop and get it or not. I was wondering if the $65 is worth it or not. Well $35, I have $30 gift card.

Sorry got away from your post, but like I said I play like that also. I also like building up my team and seeing how it plays out.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

me my brothers and my dad always got together, did drafts and watched the teams play in our own fantasy drafts, but now there's no multiplayer franchise where we can get together and enjoy the game together...i'm done with EA,, its just not the same no matter how great the game is now..they use to pay attention to the small details, like import and export classes and they no longer have it in NCAA Football and Madden...They just don't care
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangwell
This alone is the reason this is the worst Madden they've released imo.

I got so good at the game, and realized the cpu just can't compete in a realistic manner with a human opponent, that I long ago stopped playing many games.

I also don't enjoy playing many human opponents because not enough people know about football. It takes the fun out of the game trying to play someone who doesn't know when to punt or that they can't play the entire game in a goal line defense.

For this reason I play as a General Manager/Coach. I like to build my team, set the sliders and gameplan and let the cpu play each other.

Anyone else experienced witht his?
Of course. But lots of discussions on this one. May I direct you to:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pu-vs-cpu.html

and

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hed-later.html
Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Of course. But lots of discussions on this one. May I direct you to:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pu-vs-cpu.html

and

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hed-later.html

I saw those threads before but, can you run spectate mode in CCM? That is my question, and I have not seen it mentioned any where on here yet. Maybe I am just missing it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Never mind I found the answers I wanted. No coach mode, no spectate mode, no buy for me. EA has for the first time got me to not buy a Madden game. I don't know what they are thinking, they are getting worse every year. I usually defend Madden saying it's not as bad as people are saying, but not anymore.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Never mind I found the answers I wanted. No coach mode, no spectate mode, no buy for me. EA has for the first time got me to not buy a Madden game. I don't know what they are thinking, they are getting worse every year. I usually defend Madden saying it's not as bad as people are saying, but not anymore.
Such a shame too. Regardless of the controversy (as all big changes to staple-franchises will always garner), I thought the IDEA of what they were trying to do with CCM was at least in the right direction. Gave franchise mode some depth and story elements with xp system and storylines for draftees. Nice depth there. It adds more simulation and reminds me of the many things I loved about Head Coach 09.

But to do those steps forward towards immerse simulation and yet not allow things like spectator or coach mode for CCM (for those of us that just like management and playcalling) really makes me more sad than angry.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Such a shame too. Regardless of the controversy (as all big changes to staple-franchises will always garner), I thought the IDEA of what they were trying to do with CCM was at least in the right direction. Gave franchise mode some depth and story elements with xp system and storylines for draftees. Nice depth there. It adds more simulation and reminds me of the many things I loved about Head Coach 09.

But to do those steps forward towards immerse simulation and yet not allow things like spectator or coach mode for CCM (for those of us that just like management and playcalling) really makes me more sad than angry.

Same for me. For every step forward there seems to be multiple steps back from them. I would love a coach mode like in NCAA, but they can never even get that right. Those always say they are listening to what people want, but I think we all know that is a lie.

It is breaking my heart because I have bought every Madden from the start, but I just can't justify it this year. I still have last years game so I will play that I guess, and continue my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »