Home

1023 RB yards in game still capped...

This is a discussion on 1023 RB yards in game still capped... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 1023 RB yards in game still capped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
To be fair, it makes sense; sounds like they used a signed int of 11 bits to handle yardage to me (allowing for +-1023 yards), which you would think would be plenty to work with. I'm actually surprised the yardage didn't overflow back to negative numbers when you exceeded that amount...

Now that would be poetic justice...
Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #50
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
alright playing on ALL PRO for a few games with the balanced run/pass and returns, i was getting about 1-200yds over the real records, so now imma bump it up to Heisman and start over so i can still break records and lead the league but in a more realistic fashion and perhaps have closer games

Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #51
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
a 2000 cap would be more than enough cause i normally only reached that mark by the 4th quarter and with very long TDs chances

playing now with Reggie, and letting the gameflow plays dictate what i do, its been more varied with runs and passes, plus im the starting PR/KR, i got about 900 yards rushing and 200 receiving(and thats with missing a few catches or Romo throwing to someone else, shoulda had more than just 1 TDs caught =\)
Typical Romo, has a 1200 yard per game all purpose back and he dares to throw to another player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #52
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Almost certainly a data storage limitation, 1024 is exactly 1 KB. Doesn't go to 1024 because 0 is a value. Just a guess. I'd expect many other game stats to be limited in the same way.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

just googled this issue and theres a site that has info from back in Madden 07 and it says, along with a 1023 cap, theres a cap for 8191 total receiving/rushing yards for any 1 player in a single season

does anyone know if that cap still exists too
Old 09-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #54
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

This thread reminds me of the time I did the same thing intentionally on Gamebreaker to expose how much of a joke that football game was. I was being an EA fanboy at the time. So, I took Darnell Autry of Northwestern at the time and I would start my drive on my own goal line and he would use his SUPER POWERS and bust 100 yard TD runs to the tune of 1,000 yards and 10+ TD's in a single game.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

........This thread is just baffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
This thread reminds me of the time I did the same thing intentionally on Gamebreaker to expose how much of a joke that football game was. I was being an EA fanboy at the time. So, I took Darnell Autry of Northwestern at the time and I would start my drive on my own goal line and he would use his SUPER POWERS and bust 100 yard TD runs to the tune of 1,000 yards and 10+ TD's in a single game.
did you purposely call fair catches on KR/PR or run backwards and dive outta bounds inside the 5 too?

i hate how they still make it impossible to manually reposition your guy during a PR if its over his head 15yd to goaline and even if you do get him inside the circle he muffs it or misses it completely and its not like i can "catch" it cause Y calls for fair catch =\
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »