Home

Negotiating contracts? wasnt answered in the Q/A topics, quick help please.

This is a discussion on Negotiating contracts? wasnt answered in the Q/A topics, quick help please. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Negotiating contracts? wasnt answered in the Q/A topics, quick help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by method29
I knew it was somewhere, but wasn't sure where. But yes, you still should subtract around $10mil from your cap. If you have $24million in cap room it isn't going to let you spend all of that money. During the season it won't let you, and in the off-season it also won't let you.
Yes but I don't think the rookie reserve explains the Op's problem. He would need to post his actual cap figures and the breakdown of the contract he is offering.
If you look back at my post explaining my problems signing flacco, I had ~24 mil in cap space for the next season. Say you are right and you subtract $10 mil from that (I disagree though, it says "spending money" so one would think that is what you have to spend after accounting for the rookie reserve). That left me ~$14 mil. The first year cap hit was only ~7 mil. I am pretty sure something is being counted twice or some other kind of bug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Do you delegate or something? Even if you do it from my actions you should still see a year by year breakdown.
I dont delegate. I use the my actions sceen. The player says hes ready fron a new contract and then i enter that screen. You can make a offer there and it shows a year to year breakdown. But thats of the salary and the signing bonus. Thats not what the cap hits gonne be right,or am i really missing the point now
Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
I dont delegate. I use the my actions sceen. The player says hes ready fron a new contract and then i enter that screen. You can make a offer there and it shows a year to year breakdown. But thats of the salary and the signing bonus. Thats not what the cap hits gonne be right,or am i really missing the point now

Yes, those numbers are the cap hit. Add the salary plus bonus and that gives you the cap hit.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Yes, those numbers are the cap hit. Add the salary plus bonus and that gives you the cap hit.
Okey alrigh. I didnt know that. Makes more sence now. Thanks.

But one thing so giving a bigger bonus doesnt give you a lower cap hit then if you give no bonus
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Okey alrigh. I didnt know that. Makes more sence now. Thanks.

But one thing so giving a bigger bonus doesnt give you a lower cap hit then if you give no bonus
It depends. If it is a really big bonus it actually could hurt your cap situation in the short run.
One tip -- If it is a guy you may trade or cut in the future give them a small bonus to cut down on cap penalties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
It depends. If it is a really big bonus it actually could hurt your cap situation in the short run.
One tip -- If it is a guy you may trade or cut in the future give them a small bonus to cut down on cap penalties
Okey cool. Thanks man. You cleared up a lot for me
Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is a bug within the game. I understand how cap space works and it has happened to me multiple times when I have had 30 million and even 60 million in cap space. It is definitely a bug.

Here is an example.

I was the Jags. I have a few players whose contracts were set to expire at seasons end, so it said to "Begin Negotiations for a new contract. I had a few people on there including Josh Scobee, Daryl Smith, Terrance Knighton and a few others.

I had over 30 million in cap space, with zero cap penalties. I made the first offer to Daryl Smith for about 7 million a year for 3 years. He accepted.

I then tried to offer Scobee one year for 3 million. The game told me I didnt have the funds. I tried, Knighton, same thing. I got the same response no matter the price I picked for every player on there, which was about 6 guys. This was despite the fact that I had 23 million and change in Cap Space.

Well it didnt matter what I did it wouldnt let me offer and said I didnt have funds, despite the fact that I did have the funds. So instead I just hit "Delegate" to have the computer do it to see what would happen. Well the computer was able to sign each and every one of the guys who I had tried to sign, for more money than I was even offering, and it left me with about 5 million in cap space.

So if I had no cap space, which I clearly DID, then the computer wouldnt have been able to do it either. Yet, somehow, magically for the computer I had the cap space. For me, however, it said I was out of space.

----------------------------------
----------------------------------
Another similar issue.

So the preseason rolls around, and I need to sign a few players to fill out my bench. I have 5.4 million in cap space remaining. I click on Terrance Newman since he was cheap to sign him for one year. The game says I dont have funds, and need to free 1.2 million in cap space to sign him.

So despite the fact that the game tells me I have the cap space, it wont let me and tells me I have to free cap.

So I go to my roster, and I find some guys have no penalties attached to their contracts. I cut 3 players. It says when I cut each one "You have freed 0.5 million in cap space" or whatever his cap hit was. The three players I cut said I had cleared a total of 1.8 million in cap. So I go back to FA, and try to sign Newman, clearing more than enough cap, despite the fact the damn game said that I had cap in the first place.

I click on him and click sign player for one year deal. The game spits back and says "You have to free 2.4 million in cap space to sign this player."

Well WTF!?!? For starters it told me I had to free cap when I had plenty of cap space. Then I free the cap space necessary, and now somehow the game is saying that I need to free even more than I originally did??

They are two bugs that are incredibly frustrating.

----------------------------
----------------------------

I had to play and entire preseason without a punter because of the FA bug. I had to wait until the comp signed one for me at 68 overall.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
If it is a guy you may trade or cut in the future give them a small bonus to cut down on cap penalties
I do this. Seems like bonuses dont really matter a lot. In another CCM fooled around with it. I signed McFadden for 5y/ 25M. So 5 million a year with 3m salary and a 2m bonus.

I then quit and tried offer him the exact same 5 year deal, with 5 base salary and 0 bonus. He accepted both times. So now I almost exclusively offer without bonuses unless its a tight race for the persons signature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »