Home

Old 08-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: QB sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
Move to LE and he'll avg 3 sacks a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
It's been like that for a few years now, where only the LE's get the sacks. Use the defensive packages and put Peppers on the left side. Also, there is a package with the Bears playbook, that utilizes all 4 DE's on the line, where it puts Peppers at DT.
Both of these strategies will work, but it is a shame you have to move players rated in the mid to high 90's to different spots on the D-line all because the current programming has a flaw where RE's are abused by LT's...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
It does. You have to basically rotate who play LE so one person doesn't get 30 sacks.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dont touch the right analog stick. I had 10 sacks with cameron wake at RE on all pro only using the left analog to disengage from the tackle and then try to navigate around him and get to the qb. generates pretty regular pressure as well. Quite often using this method the LE also disengages and 'steals' the sack, but hey ho you win some you lose some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

try this it works for me. Instead of using the right stick use turbo (R2) and aim for the outside shoulder of the Left Tackle and use the left stick to disengage from the tackle. I'm getting constant pressure and at least 2-3 sacks with Demarcus Ware every game. Hope that helps.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

ok thanks for the info guys ill try all the ifo u guys gave hiopfully it works cuz i only like to us the DE
Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1985
try this it works for me. Instead of using the right stick use turbo (R2) and aim for the outside shoulder of the Left Tackle and use the left stick to disengage from the tackle. I'm getting constant pressure and at least 2-3 sacks with Demarcus Ware every game. Hope that helps.
Funny this is the thing that drew me to 2k football almost by itself.
I would aim for the Olinemans specific shoulder then use the bumper to swim at an angle past him and sometimes it worked perfectly and I was in the backfield. Madden has the same thing but with the stick and its just so hard to make it work consistently. having the option to remap those moves to the triggers would HELP ALOT.

And Ive said before that this method of interaction is TOTALLY flawed. No dlineman allows himself to get "engaged" before shedding the block to make the play. Especially the DE, his motive is to NOT allow the tackle to get his mits into his chest. At that point hes lost. The DE wants to make his move before the engagement. This is where 2k had it right.
Hopefully in the next two Maddens when lineplay gets worked on it will change. And my guess is that not only will it get overhauled, it will become a mini strategic game that is played every play in the trenches. IE will probably allow for that.
Good things comin'!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Use the right joy stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Funny this is the thing that drew me to 2k football almost by itself.
I would aim for the Olinemans specific shoulder then use the bumper to swim at an angle past him and sometimes it worked perfectly and I was in the backfield. Madden has the same thing but with the stick and its just so hard to make it work consistently. having the option to remap those moves to the triggers would HELP ALOT.

And Ive said before that this method of interaction is TOTALLY flawed. No dlineman allows himself to get "engaged" before shedding the block to make the play. Especially the DE, his motive is to NOT allow the tackle to get his mits into his chest. At that point hes lost. The DE wants to make his move before the engagement. This is where 2k had it right.
Hopefully in the next two Maddens when lineplay gets worked on it will change. And my guess is that not only will it get overhauled, it will become a mini strategic game that is played every play in the trenches. IE will probably allow for that.
Good things comin'!
We have been asking for a strategic line play mini game for literally years now, many years.

I don't know what else we can do except wait another year or 2 or 3. I'm tired of asking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »