Home

EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

This is a discussion on EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFIS
gahdamn if i have to waste money on a hard drive... does anyone have the arcade xbox model and 250 gb hard drive that aren't having issue and used to have issues before the upgrade... by this I mean the older white model circa 2007, not the original release of Xboxs. the arcade model was released as the cheapest priced Xbox package available when released. I had the original "Core" model, but that one and a replacement had to be replaced through warranty. I just want to know if anyone is playing the game on the Arcade model, and if it require at least 250gb. i will buy one if it's possible. **** you EA and M$ for taking my money
Is not EA or anyone else trying to take your money, it's basic technology here. Games have advanced, they require more memory hence most of them suggesting that you install them before you play them. A 4GB hard drive doesn't offer enough space to do this. It probably even says somewhere on the Xbox site that the higher capacity models are better for serious game playing.

Upgrade that hard drive and you should be just fine.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

Is this similar to Slims not being able to play Halo Reach online?

either way the people at Microsoft are geniuses...those hard drives are expensive.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Is not EA or anyone else trying to take your money, it's basic technology here. Games have advanced, they require more memory hence most of them suggesting that you install them before you play them. A 4GB hard drive doesn't offer enough space to do this. It probably even says somewhere on the Xbox site that the higher capacity models are better for serious game playing.

Upgrade that hard drive and you should be just fine.
There it is. Quit being a cheapskate, put them beans on the table and upgrade. Technology aint waiting on nobody and once you fall out of the matrix, two human hunters coming to erase you. Fair warning.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have the 4G Slim version with an attached USB stick (16GB). For the most part, I have no lag. The only issue I have is that the game seems to freeze once every 10 hours or so of gameplay.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleycb34
BF3 plays great on the XBOX, one of my favorite games. I have the 4 GB slim model with attached hardrive(20 GB). I play M13 from the default memory and it plays fine. I'm gunna transfer M13 content over to the hardrive, see if it makes a difference.
yeah man i cracked open an old 60gig hdd and put it in my arcade.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
Rookie

I have the 4gb slim and I haven't had any problems at all.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
Rookie

Wanna know something weird? If I'm in an Xbox live party soon as I boot Madden it'll kick me.

Other than that no issues on my slim 4g

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaRepellent
Wanna know something weird? If I'm in an Xbox live party soon as I boot Madden it'll kick me.

Other than that no issues on my slim 4g

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Certain games do that. Mostly games with competitive multiplayer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »