Home

draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

This is a discussion on draft classes: pre-set or random ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badguy1985
Yes it changes his rating, sometimes dramatically. Here's something I witnessed:

I got the draft class with Treon Patrick being the top wideout in a ccm I was doing. Twitter stories were positive about him all year. He went #1 overall and had an 88 OVR coming out of the draft. His QB was also a top ten pick and had a 78 OVR.

Got the same draft class again in another CCM. Treon Patrick had been injured for the season in the third game according to Twitter. People were worried about his speed coming back and all that. He falls to the top of the second round and has a 74 OVR. BUT here's the really cool part, his QB (can't remember the name, Myers maybe?) had a storyline that he was struggling without Patrick and he dropped to the second round as well. had 75 OVR or something. When that happened I truly knew that EA was on to something with this mode. I just thought it was so cool, one guy's story reacting to someone else's like that.

I think the non-storyline guys are the same each time, though.
this seems reasonable:

some players may or may not have certain "story lines" that COULD impact their rating. but others do not.

or... the story lines that impact ratings (like major injuries) only happen once in a while for every player thus explaining why i see the same top running back with the same ratings in a certain class that i identify by the top two QBs.

at any rate, i would have like to see every draft class completely random but this is not the case.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

i think everything is random except the guys with the stories

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »