Home

draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

This is a discussion on draft classes: pre-set or random ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

hi, can someone please confirm if, like last year, the draft classes are pre-set so that all guys in one draft will have the exact same ratings every time that class comes up...

or...

is it randomly generated ratings-wise every time

for example, if the best qb in a class has 98 throw power and 81 Deep Accuracy, and the best HB has 91 speed and 95 break tackle, will these two guys always appear in the same draft class and with the exact same ratings?

thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: draft classes: pre-set or random ratings?

Not sure, but I'm going to figure it out here shortly,
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

It's all generated when you create your CCM and when you advance to the Pre-Season.

What I want to know is how the players are projected? With the Team Needs thing, you can see rookies OVR rating and some 2-3rd rounders are 80-86 OVR while most 1st rounders are 72-80.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
It's all generated when you create your CCM and when you advance to the Pre-Season.

What I want to know is how the players are projected? With the Team Needs thing, you can see rookies OVR rating and some 2-3rd rounders are 80-86 OVR while most 1st rounders are 72-80.
You can't see overall in an online CC under team needs, only offline. Just noticed that little quirk today. Probably means they're going to patch it for offline as well.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

i spent hours yesterday restarting the same franchise after preseason game 3...

i did indeed find the same players, with the same ratings, grouped together.

for example, in one draft, the second rated QB is called Pooh Carlson (or something). he has 94 Throw power with ACC in the 80s and great speed, around 86 or something.

the top rated HB in that draft always has the same name and ratings: 95 speed, 95 acc and like 91 break tackle. (the problem with this QB is only 70 injury and he's like top 5 overall or something... a hefty price for a back that could be injured a lot and backs these days should be found outside the top 10 in the real NFL).

so, yes, classes are predetermined and players are NOT randomly generated every time you start a new regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
MVP

Well, to be perfectly honest, if CCM is not dynamic I will not be immersing myself in it. After hearing the debacle about restarting three times and seeing the same thing AND another thread stating that there were twitter feeds stating the complete opposite of what the player actually did the previous season, this doesn't seem to be looking too good. Thats two instances, once I see a third....maybe I stretch to a fourth about this mode not being randomly generated I'll be returning the game.

This will be a first in Maddens history that I do something like that. I haven't opened the package yet so we'll see.

I could've sworn one of the devs stated you will NOT see the same thing twice? I actually don't believe he was blatantly telling fables. Maybe his team who worked on the mode told him, which he then relayed to us completely unaware.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 09-02-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
i spent hours yesterday restarting the same franchise after preseason game 3...

i did indeed find the same players, with the same ratings, grouped together.

for example, in one draft, the second rated QB is called Pooh Carlson (or something). he has 94 Throw power with ACC in the 80s and great speed, around 86 or something.

the top rated HB in that draft always has the same name and ratings: 95 speed, 95 acc and like 91 break tackle. (the problem with this QB is only 70 injury and he's like top 5 overall or something... a hefty price for a back that could be injured a lot and backs these days should be found outside the top 10 in the real NFL).

so, yes, classes are predetermined and players are NOT randomly generated every time you start a new regular season.
Ive seen those named players vary greatly in ratings based on the news about them during the season. Even their projected round goes up and down drastically. Its my fav part of ccm.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

Ok, so now I'm seeing someone say the ratings/names are pre set and another saying its random. Come on guys, what the hell is it going to be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »