Home

Player Scheme

This is a discussion on Player Scheme within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player Scheme

having player scheme and player type makes no sense because half the time theres a o-lineman who's zone blocking player type but his scheme is power run or something. 78 throwing power kellen moore's player scheme is vertical offense because he's on the lions when it says the vertical offense is "built around a strong arm qb"

so if im a zone run offense and prefer all zone blocking linemen and in the draft there's a zone blocking player type lineman and all his strongest attributes are ones zone blocking prefers, if his player scheme is west coast he'll never "fit" my offense..

or players like larry fitzgerald scheme is power run when he could fit into any offense.. i think player scheme should be removed and just keep the player type.. or maybe if the player type matches your teams scheme and position type after a season or something the player scheme would switch to whatever yours is.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

the system is broken the show player style but yet say it's scheme.

when your picking up F/a when u scroll it will tell who fits ur scheme with good,bad, etc. but it really means is that their player style matches with yours.

they need to add scheme also so when you find a right player who has both your style and scheme they will be a perfect fit.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

I hesitate to answer, because I'm not 100% sure, but based on my experience with HC and from what I've read (yes , I actually read the CCM manual that was posted above), and from what I've seen from other posts (again unverfied) the overall scheme does not affect the player's performance as I think we all know now, but besides being an "indicator" on how to use the player, I've heard that if the player's overall team scheme, matches your coaching team scheme, then they gain XP at a faster rate.

Other than that, it is a superficial guideline for you to follow in team building. But there are always exceptions, there is no reason a team with an all-out Speed HB (ala CJ2K) can not have a Power Run team scheme. Does CJ fit? No, but if you have a player like CJ you adjust, and you plug him in because he is that good. This also emulates the dance any Head Coach/GM goes through, do you build a team around your system and get players that match your scheme, or do you create a scheme to match the players you have? The reality is that it is usually a mix of both and changes from season to season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »