Home

Presnap Shifts, Audibles, Hot Routes

This is a discussion on Presnap Shifts, Audibles, Hot Routes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Presnap Shifts, Audibles, Hot Routes

Hey guys. You'll have to forgive me in advance. This question will be a total rookie question and I apologize. I searched a bit for an answer and thought just asking is quicker.

I've had every Madden since the Commodore game in 90 until last year. Never bought 12. That's mainly a product of just getting old and not having time anymore.

Anyways, in the last version of Madden I had (11) they had changed the presnap reads/audibles/shifts. No longer would you use bumpers and triggers, but rather you pressed the right analog and the menu comes up. Now, from previous versions and also college, this was a total 180 from what was done before. I was totally confused and remember coming on here and others were in an uproar about it. At this point, I got busy, was mainly playing NCAA, and never picked up the game again. At this point, if I remember correctly, there was talk of a patch to go back to the old way.

This year I decided to buy 13 and upon my first game I noticed the presnap adjustments were still the right analog stick. Apparently they never went back to the old way.

Now, here's my question (finally). What is the general consensus among Madden players? Did everyone decide this new way was actually better, and quicker, after you got used to it and adjusted? Or, do most players change it back to how it was before? I'm assuming you can do this in settings, but I am the type of guy that likes to change with the times. If this is the way it is going to be from now on I might as well learn.

Also, one other unrelated question. Is there any way when you are doing a hurry up offense to just pick a play from the whole playbook? It seems like you have to use your preset audibles.

Thanks in advance for helping me get acclimated to the game again.

~Jeff
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »