Home

Coach scheme and team scheme in CCM

This is a discussion on Coach scheme and team scheme in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coach scheme and team scheme in CCM

I decided to start a CCM with Dennis Allen. It says his offensive scheme is "West Coast." So I start the CCM, go to schemes and it shows the Raiders as "Vertical Offense." This leads me to a few questions.

Why aren't the coach scheme and team scheme the same?

Is there a way to change either of them?
EDIT: I did just see in the FAQ thread that they are aware you can't change schemes and that it is fixed in online CCM, so that answers this question.

You can change which type of player you are looking for, but this seems to change nothing about either scheme. So should I just change all of those to whatever players I have without any rhyme or reason so it will make my players stats higher?

Or should I change them to a West Coast style to match my coach?

Or should I keep them set up for a Vertical Offense?

I notice each position has an importance star value next to it. Is there any way to change this value?

Lastly, does any of this scheme stuff which seems to not match up and make no sense even matter when actually playing the game or is it just arbitrary mark up and mark down of stats that don't affect anything in-game?

Last edited by AchtungCloud; 09-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Coach scheme and team scheme in CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungCloud
I decided to start a CCM with Dennis Allen. It says his offensive scheme is "West Coast." So I start the CCM, go to schemes and it shows the Raiders as "Vertical Offense." This leads me to a few questions.

Why aren't the coach scheme and team scheme the same?

Is there a way to change either of them?
EDIT: I did just see in the FAQ thread that they are aware you can't change schemes and that it is fixed in online CCM, so that answers this question.
so how do you change your scheme then? I changed the individual positions up to what fit my play style but it still shows my scheme as west coast.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret9ec
so how do you change your scheme then? I changed the individual positions up to what fit my play style but it still shows my scheme as west coast.
Same question. I keep hearing that you can change schemes. How? Where? I've yet to see anything other than player types that are adjustable.

I retired a coach in my online CCM and created another coach to continue in the same CCM. I chose my offensive/defensive scheme but when I go into "scheme" it shows a different offense and defense from what I chose. When I play a game though it has the correct playbooks for my scheme, however, even the presentation thinks I'm running a 3-4 defense when it shows the starters (I'm using a 4-3).

This whole scheme thing is really getting frustrating because it's hard to tell what is/isn't working and what is most important.

You have player types, player scheme types, coaching scheme types... the AI thinks a player who is a balanced QB in a power run scheme fits poorly for a coach who favors pocket passers in a power run scheme. There is no middle ground and why is the player type the only thing that matters? And how much does it matter? What does it do?

It's tough to get the most out of CCM mode using a GM-style approach when you're not sure how to interpret the broken aspects.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I know this was fixed for ONLINE CCMode but I wonder if this will get fixed for OFFLINE? Dennis Allen is West Coast Offense but when I go to the scheme screen to adjust my players it says Dennis Allen is Vertical offense. So should I draft players for WCO or Vertical Offense?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Pro

I wish it would show for created coaches

If u want a vertical offense draft players who fit into that scheme and also the playing style of the positions you want.

1st going for people in the system u want than after you can by player style

More of a particular scheme you have on your team the effective it will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Same question. I keep hearing that you can change schemes. How? Where? I've yet to see anything other than player types that are adjustable.

I retired a coach in my online CCM and created another coach to continue in the same CCM. I chose my offensive/defensive scheme but when I go into "scheme" it shows a different offense and defense from what I chose. When I play a game though it has the correct playbooks for my scheme, however, even the presentation thinks I'm running a 3-4 defense when it shows the starters (I'm using a 4-3).

This whole scheme thing is really getting frustrating because it's hard to tell what is/isn't working and what is most important.

You have player types, player scheme types, coaching scheme types... the AI thinks a player who is a balanced QB in a power run scheme fits poorly for a coach who favors pocket passers in a power run scheme. There is no middle ground and why is the player type the only thing that matters? And how much does it matter? What does it do?

It's tough to get the most out of CCM mode using a GM-style approach when you're not sure how to interpret the broken aspects.
Those are your playbooks, not scheme.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Coach schemes and team schemes are completely different.

If your running a defense with a majority of 3-4 DL and LBs, your team defense will be 3-4 regardless if you set your player schemes to 4-3 DL and Run Stopping LBs. Just because you want a 4-3 defense doesn't mean the defense players/team will automatically be 4-3.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Fyi for anyone thats not aware changing player schemes can improve player ratings, i was able to increase almost every single niners player by changing player schemes most went up 2 or 3 points n some as many as 5 points

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »