Home

If you are rebuilding the Dolphins - heres some things to look out for.

This is a discussion on If you are rebuilding the Dolphins - heres some things to look out for. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
If you are rebuilding the Dolphins - heres some things to look out for.

1. Ryan Tannehill is NOT the future of the Dolphins, at least if you sim the first season just so you can make some deals in the first offseason. He went down from a 74 to a 72 OVR when year 2 hit.

2. Year one, put Reggie Bush on the trade block. He will be wanting a new deal a few weeks into the season and it's going to cost you around 6+ million a year for 5+ years. He will go down in OVR come year 2. Put him on the block early and you will get some 2013 3rd round offers, and I think some teams will offer some 2014 2nd round offers. I gave him to the Patriots and in the off season he was a free agent again.

3. You will be drafting and dealing heavily on the offensive side of the ball. Other than your LT and Center, you are going to need some help at LG, RG, and RT. Also you will want someone to take the starting QB position thats NOT Tannehill. You will have a couple of CB (not your starting two) wanting new deals, asking for too much money for 3rd and 4th string. Let them go.

4. Lamar Miller is actually a decent RB if you control him (I know, id rather not - i still want my true coach mode CPU vs CPU dammit).

5. Hartline will want a new deal, as will Fasiano, they are both bad for your scheme and want too much money, dump them as well.

Do these things and you will actually have enough cap room (even after giving your LT a new big deal) to rebuild your O-line holes through FA, maybe snag a decent number WR then go into the draft looking at a Tannehill upgrade as well as a stud RB, decent TE, and if you didnt get a decent WR in FA, maybe look there too. Later round picks should be picking up back ups on defense. Might want to look at the heir apparent to your MLB as he will be going into his 30's.

One last thing, Pouncey in my CC went down to like a 78 overall. If there is a stud Center in FA bidding, pay that man his money, you will still have more than enough to sign your draft picks and probably aorund 20 million left in cap room at the start of the 2nd season.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: If you are rebuilding the Dolphins - heres some things to look out for.

the players OVR ratings fluctuate. I've had Tebow up to an 81 but after a bad game or two it was back to a 79

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »