Home

3-4 help in CC

This is a discussion on 3-4 help in CC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
3-4 help in CC

I'm playing the Falcons in offline CC and after winning the SB in year one I decide to do what I feel the Falcons in real life should have done years ago and go back to the 3-4.

So I make trades as needed and pick up 3-4 players in the front seven. A NT, two stout DE, two ILB specifically for the 3-4 and two good pass rushing OLBs. Your basic 3-4 defense in both scheme and personnel.

The problem is that during games both played or simmed I'm not getting any sacks. Both OLBs are simply suction blocked when blitzing or just a four man rush and can't get off the block to pressure the QB. I'm not using the existing Falcon LBs who aren't fit for a 3-4 (except for Dent for ILB) I went out and specifically got a rookie OLB on one side and traded for Parys Haralson and Bowman from the 49ers.

Any tips? When I was running the default Mike Smith settings (and God do I wish they would patch it to changes schemes for offline franchises) in an "attacking" 4-3 I finished season one with almost sixty sacks as a team and Ray Edwards, Abraham and Babs were 12-14 sacks apiece. This season? I have one sack in five games from both OLBs and the only real sacks was in one simmed game where the DEs both got two apiece. Which leads me to think that despite changing it to a 3-4 in the settings and then simming the game it still defaulted into a 4-3 scheme in the game I simmed.

I appreciate any help. I'm a big fan of the 3-4 scheme and in past Maddens never really had problems with OLBs getting pressure and even blitzing the ILBs at times to get sacks or heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 3-4 help in CC

Try controlling to NT to create gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

The problem is that in a 3-4 the best pass rusher will be lined up at ROLB (matched up against the offenses LT) and they can not get any pressure. Move him to LOLB and he should be able to get a lot of sacks.

Also depending on who you traded you may end up regretting it. You may find yourself with a lot of cap penalties.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I find the CPU always picks up my blitzes. I rarely, and I mean rarely, get a sack from a blitz unless its a CB from the side.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The problem is that in a 3-4 the best pass rusher will be lined up at ROLB (matched up against the offenses LT) and they can not get any pressure. Move him to LOLB and he should be able to get a lot of sacks.

Also depending on who you traded you may end up regretting it. You may find yourself with a lot of cap penalties.
Thankfully the Falcons have a good cap situation. Guys were either on last year of their deals or next to last year on contracts.

I've tried moving the best pass rusher of the two (Haralson) around and still nothing. Appreciate the suggestions guys. I've never had to play a NT before in a 3-4 but if it helps to push the C/G out of the way enough to disrupt the pocket I'll try it.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »