Home

After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed

This is a discussion on After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed

Being an avid Madden Gamer since 95 ( I still have all the games) it deeply saddens me that (as pointed out earlier on this thread) EA has chosen to cater to the ONLINE junkies (which is fine) but has tossed us OFFLINE gamers under the bus. I have updated my rosters manually on Madden12 (3 hours) while glancing in a forlorn manner at my coffee cup perched upon my copy of Madden13. It reminds me of all the hours spent updating College Hoops 2k8 to avoid the latter versions of EAs NCAA College Basketball games. I am also preparing to edit-update the player rosters for EA NHL12 since from what I have heard NHL13 has the same CCM system as Madden13. Sigh.......oh well... at age 53 perhaps its time for me to "get with the times" and start playing ONLINE against 16 year old "Stevie" from Hoboken.....hmmm...maybe not...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #74
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

2011: "Franchise mode is getting boring. Import draft classes needs to be fixed. What's the point of Superstar mode? You're automatically the starter and can attain a 99 OVR before your first season is over."

2012: "What is this CCM? I want Franchise back? How are rookies suppose to get XP when they're on the bench? Why is XP so hard to get? It'll be my 4th year before I start. Why would they leave out imported draft class."
Old 09-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by southriver
Every year there will be something that people will feel strongly that EA crew has screwed up on a segment of madden. The truth is this make bielieve football will never come close to what we see leading up to Sunday on all the ESPN/Nfl Network etc, and of course Sunday itself. I give EA credit for trying everything it has in this CCM.

Last year everyone complained that the franchise was stale and needed a overhaul. My god lets not even talk about how the computer generated FA would invade your football squad and eventually take over. My only option was to take 32 team control to weed them out...ughhhh who has the time or patience? Now all of sudden 2012 franchise was amazing...i don't see it.

There are many issues with CCM at the moment. EA wants this mode to succedd. I believe or atleast hope they will listen and fix some of those issues. Regardless this is a nice step for Madden and i can only see it getting better.
I don't know who "everyone" is that complained that Madden 12's franchise mode was stale. I certainly wasn't part of that group. I wanted tweaks, not overhauls.

Looman took something that I greatly enjoyed, that I didn't think was broken in the first place, threw it away and created this abomination of a career mode.

Now, is it "fun"? Yea, there's a fun factor that comes from it.

But I don't feel its anywhere near as rewarding, nor has nearly as much substance, as years past. That franchise mode that is now being called "stale" was exactly what I wanted franchise mode to be, in need of tweaking, not throwing out and overhauling with a Frankenstein's monster of a career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #76
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
When I first tried CCM and saw the option to practice, I was expecting something similar to that.

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of excited when I clicked on the menu option to see what it was (I had intentionally ignored all of the Pre-release CCM info and blogs so it would be a totally NEW experience).

When I saw what practice mode was comprised of I cringed lol. And I was simulating them under the impression that our players received SOME baseline XP weekly. Reading this thread I learned that they don't which is disheartening.
This is exactly how I feel.

I really don't want to have to play all the practices just to get bench players XP.

It's hard enough to find time as a busy 28 your old to play a full season as it is… And now I have to do this.

I like the idea I just don't like how much time and effort CCM mode will take this year.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #77
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
If you want to maximize your players progression through practice mode you have to play 20 extra games vs the AI every season. This requirement more than doubles the rate of "tiring of playing the AI". Which decreases the amount of seasons that you play by more than half!
I agree that the way practice is configured now is a bit boring... But it's most likely not going to be "20 extra games" every year for most players. The scenarios that I typically play are 1-3 quarters in length and practice runs at five minute quarters with play clock running off to 15 seconds. Considering that I play four quarters at 15 minutes each for my actual games, practice will come nowhere close to equaling 20 games a season... more like 3 or 4.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #78
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
So, I just did a practice. No XP for players. Sorry, if it was meant to be in the game its not working properly (this is an online CCM as offline is unplayable.)
Which practice did you do? There are some practices that clearly state that the only person who receives XP from the practice is yourself, and no one else.

I save my points with all my guys, and at the end of preseason, just doing the practices and simulating the games, I did have points enough to get at least one upgrade with every single guy.

The only reason I simmed the preseason games was to put my team on the same level as the CPU which has been acknowledged needs fixing with their preseason subs, and to avoid the punter subs. I got points with every player, I say again.

Now, I am in the regular season. Everything appears to be working as intended to me.

There are obviously things that I'm unhappy with, but it IS a full reboot, leaps and bounds ahead of where gameplay was, and I feel like we're in much better hands going forward. REALLY curious to see that first patch come out, or even the first online tuner.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
I agree because practice mode is just a scrimmage game against the AI.

There are a finite number of games one can play against the AI before they reach the threshold of not being able to play anymore. It becomes rote and stale.

If you want to maximize your players progression through practice mode you have to play 20 extra games vs the AI every season. This requirement more than doubles the rate of "tiring of playing the AI". Which decreases the amount of seasons that you play by more than half!
All part of the plot to get players to hopefully avoid the broken player progression in deeper seasons and redundant and inaccurately scripted twitter "storylines" lol
Old 09-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Your issue of progression of lower-rated players was because those who don't see the field on gameday gain XP in Practice, which you stated you simulated. This isn't an issue of the game, it's just you not wanting to practice.

You could say that you feel that the bench players aren't given enough XP, which we could then turn into a constructive conversation to provide feedback on, but as it is it's just gamer stubbornness.
Is there a gamechanger on here who isnt happy with every aspect of the game? I felt the original poster was just trying to give his impressions of the game and voice his dissapointment. Did he need to create a thread probably not, but to say that he isnt providing constructive criticism is silly. The title of the thread said it all. I am also disappointed with some aspects of the game but am excited about the direction ea seems to be heading incorporating a lot of NFL Head Coach into their current product.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »