Home

After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed

This is a discussion on After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: After a full season of CC, I'm Disappointed

So, I just did a practice. No XP for players. Sorry, if it was meant to be in the game its not working properly (this is an online CCM as offline is unplayable.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Pro

JJJones135's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Were you not active on the boards during Madden 12's release? There were threads upon threads complaining about how broken imported draft classes were and how franchise mode needed an overhaul.

I understand you didn't think these features needed to be fixed, but a large portion of the OS community were asking that these features and modes be changed - EA listened.

Now, I've only spent a limited time poking around with CCM because I was out of town most of this week, and there are definitely issues that need major work at first glance, but I think it's important to acknowledge that the fact we even got this kind of career mode overhaul is an example of EA listening to it's consumers with their long-term vision, despite the fact that it's upset a portion of the die-hard players in the interim.

Hopefully they get all the issues with the mode sorted out this year, as last year there were several that went ignored, which ultimately led to me not playing out a multi-year franchise like I had every other year.
Yeah there were threads about the draft classes bc there was quite a few glitches and bugs and no good threads said it needed an overhaul just details need to be fixed but what game doesn't have threads like that. Every thread I looked at said madden took its biggest step toward last year it had ever taken in a long time. Nuff said
Old 09-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
So, I just did a practice. No XP for players. Sorry, if it was meant to be in the game its not working properly (this is an online CCM as offline is unplayable.)
Could you try simulating one as a player to see if it gives you any?I would do it myself but I don't have the game right now.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Your issue of progression of lower-rated players was because those who don't see the field on gameday gain XP in Practice, which you stated you simulated. This isn't an issue of the game, it's just you not wanting to practice.

You could say that you feel that the bench players aren't given enough XP, which we could then turn into a constructive conversation to provide feedback on, but as it is it's just gamer stubbornness.
Interesting. Does this mean that we have to start our backups in practice to get them experience, or do they automatically get it just by being in the mode.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
Pro

JJJones135's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Yes, the computer rolling imaginary dice against some hidden algorithm to determine player progression... why did you trash that EA? It was the perfect solution!!! The twitter feed is scripted?!? You mean EA doesn't install a gremlin into your PS3 to write new copy every week? The nerve of those punks!

seriously? that's what you're going with?!?

I am a long time franchise player... but some of these complaints are just lunacy. EA was damned if they threw a fresh coat of lipstick on the pig from the last three years... and they are clearly damned for trying to go big with something new.

The old franchise mode just was not that much fun for me, I played it because it was all that was there, ever since the PS2 days. No challenge in resigning players, no challenge in looting the CPU via trades (even if you weren't necessary trying sometimes), no challenge in player progression (this guy has a 'C' potential? career special teams guy, case closed, yawn).

I could not be happier that they are rethinking things and trying to make it deeper and more rewarding... even if it is clearly a work in progress this year and has some warts / missing features.
I see your point about it. I don't have a problem with CCM I have a problem with them substituting it for franchise mode acting like its the same thing which it's not even close and they could of just added CCM and kept franchise simple solution to please all
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdog23
Could you try simulating one as a player to see if it gives you any?I would do it myself but I don't have the game right now.
I've never seen player XP from practice. I have seen Coach XP. Coach XP does not happen if you simulate.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I've never seen player XP from practice. I have seen Coach XP. Coach XP does not happen if you simulate.
That's what I was trying to say earlier,it must be a bug or something because I never got any XP from simulating practices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
Your issue of progression of lower-rated players was because those who don't see the field on gameday gain XP in Practice, which you stated you simulated. This isn't an issue of the game, it's just you not wanting to practice.

You could say that you feel that the bench players aren't given enough XP, which we could then turn into a constructive conversation to provide feedback on, but as it is it's just gamer stubbornness.
It should be an extra incentive to participate in practice and less of a necessity like in NBA2K when you go to develop individuals. You shouldn't be forced to go through 4 5 minute quarters to gain XP, but I think that just goes to the coach. Also, you shouldn't have to put in backups for them to progress. The progression is simply not that well implemented on offline ccm right now. I use various packages with different positions but that's just not enough unless something huge happens or they simply play more than the starters (which wouldn't make sense since that ruins the reason of having STARTERS). You shouldn't go off blaming the gamers for not wanting to spend so much time in a practice drill or not wanting to put in backups when it's awkward.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 09-01-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »