Home

Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

This is a discussion on Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Get CCM AI Fixed NOW while we have EAs attention!

AI play calling logic is soooo screwed up....

i just played a game in play now. i was baltimore @ the steelers. i went up by 3 with 1:38 to go in the game. score was 20-17 baltimore. the steelers get the ball on the kickoff and run the ball on first down. they then call timeout after a 2yard gain. they then proceed to pass the ball all the way down to my six yard line with :01 second to go. instead of kicking a field goal for the tie. THEY RAN THE BALL FROM THE SIX YARD LINE, SCORED, AND BEAT ME....WTF. for gods sake kick the field goal or at least pass the ball. when is a team down by 3 with one second to go(no time outs left) at the six yard line gonna run the ball?? i mean dont get me wrong i had a blast playing the game. it was a great game all around. i was just shocked at their time management and playcalling
Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #50
Rookie

texasfight93's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't noticed huge AI problems... When I played the Saints in my Panthers CC, Darren Sproles ended the game with 132 rushing yards (1 TD) and 61 receiving yards... I didn't notice anything weird when I played the Buccaneers, either. Maybe it's because I'm really bad? lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
AI play calling logic is soooo screwed up....

i just played a game in play now. i was baltimore @ the steelers. i went up by 3 with 1:38 to go in the game. score was 20-17 baltimore. the steelers get the ball on the kickoff and run the ball on first down. they then call timeout after a 2yard gain. they then proceed to pass the ball all the way down to my six yard line with :01 second to go. instead of kicking a field goal for the tie. THEY RAN THE BALL FROM THE SIX YARD LINE, SCORED, AND BEAT ME....WTF. for gods sake kick the field goal or at least pass the ball. when is a team down by 3 with one second to go(no time outs left) at the six yard line gonna run the ball?? i mean dont get me wrong i had a blast playing the game. it was a great game all around. i was just shocked at their time management and playcalling
And I don't see that in my online CCM, Play Now, yes, I did see that. I've read they tuned it on the EA server side, just have to wait for a patch for offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #52
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
It's funny....I'm playing an online solo CC,and haven't had any issues as far as cpu running
The games that I have played in CCM, I didn't see these issues either. Seems when I dropped the sliders in my practice league, user success dropped considerably.

But if respected slider guru Jarrod21 is suggesting there is an issue, it's certainly worth looking into.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #53
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

The User sliders work fine, its the CPU sliders that are broken. I just played a quarter and a half where Fred Jackson had 8 attempts for 0.1 yards....................

There are multiple parts to the problem #1 being that CPU sliders dont seem to be working properly. But I also feel that the CPU teams pick generic plays. They dont use the game plans like the Play Now teams I believe. So when I see they have 2 WR and 2 RB its pretty clear they are going to run the ball and I send a run blitz which nets 1-2 yards for them. This happens almost every time. They never surprise you and run in a non-running situation or when you dont expect it. You are always prepared and it results in a 1 to 2 yard gain if you know what you are doing. Boring. This does not happen in Play Now. They also dont use moves effectively in CCM. All these issues add up to an awful running game.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 0

For frame of reference heres what the top backs on my vikings schedule had against me (all-madden, sliders maxed for cpu, minimized for me). M Jones-Drew 26 carries 47 yards, Frank Gore 22 carries 49 yards, Jahvid Best 17 carries 58 yards and 21 carries 33 yards, Chris Johnson 29 carries 64 yards, Matt Forte 14 carries 22 yards and 19 carries 65 yards, Steven Jackson 32 carries 55 yards, Arian Foster 22 carries 50 yards. I removed Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Brian Robison, Erin Henderson and Chad Greenway from the lineup and had all sub 80 overalls in the starting front 7 and played my safeties in deep cover 2 coverage so there was NEVER an extra man in the box.

If you play even a couple games in online CCM its quite obvious that the AI is not tuned correctly. On the flip side, its also obvious to anyone who pays attention that Play Now is tuned correctly. This applies to the CPU passing as well.

Its not really a debate as to if the online CCM AI running AND passing is somehow broken. We know that it is. Its very obvious. Now we need a solution
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #55
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles7742
Hopefully they get the correct information correctly articulated to them. Less pressing issues, or non-ccm breakers (camera, editing, etc) that are brought up only further convolute what really needs to be done. Those are all secondary. CCM needs to play like Play Now. Its that simple. That should be their singular focus at this point. Until then, a lot of us die-hard sim fans cannot play. Its very unfortunate.

Didnt the Devs say that one of the benefits of playing on-line CCM was that they could "tune" the gameplay or essentially patch it without having to go through microsoft with the patch process, essentially getting it out immediately?
Exactly.
This is priority number one because all my gameplays issues are gone on Play Now.
Sliders do work, all of them. Difficulty is very noticeable in play now.

Just add play now games gamplay/sliders into the CCM. That`s all i need and the game is the best madden by far.

Hopefully they don`t prioritize editing or camera angles or those kind of things, while i do agree they are a pain, it`s nothing compared to this problem. This is the core of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #56
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
http://twitter.com/Josh_Looman
Madden NFL 13 Senior Designer who built CCM

https://twitter.com/Donny_Moore
Madden NFL Live Content Producer & Ratings Czar

I also tweeted out to some of the EA Game changers hoping they might be able to help
Thank you Brian.
I`ll tweet them asap. But i don`t have a good feeling about this. Basically because some people don`t see this because they just want to win 50-0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »