Home

offline CCM coach firings

This is a discussion on offline CCM coach firings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
offline CCM coach firings

This seems lame but I want to turn coach firing off just because I like to keep building my team and try to go far into the mode as i can with one team. If i turn firing off does this mean other coaches will not be fired as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: offline CCM coach firings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
This seems lame but I want to turn coach firing off just because I like to keep building my team and try to go far into the mode as i can with one team. If i turn firing off does this mean other coaches will not be fired as well?
It means just you only.

Whatever happens with other head coaches in the league will be their destiny.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: offline CCM coach firings

What factors does the CPU owner take when it fires you? If I fall short of my season win goal (IE Make divisional round) is it an automatic firing? I would hope it would look at progression (team didnt quite get there but was close and got a lot better during the season) injuries (how many key players were out and missed significant time) strength of schedule (NFC west divison easier to win than NFC East etc... How many playoff teams/winning records did we playetc)... I think that there should be some decent amount of weight put on goals but

1) most teams usally give a new HC at least 2 years, although there are some one-and-dones, this is the exception and not the rule.... To expect me as HC to take the 5-11 redskins to the divisional round seems like a steep task....

2) Say I am the Redskins and finish 9-7, good enough for a wild-card (but lose that game).... In real life, I would assume that coach would be brought back (considering Wash has only been to the playoffs 99/05/07 and once without Joe Gibbs since his first retirement).... To be fired after such an improvement, but falling one game short would be very unrealistic and harsh to lose everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »