Home

Trading too easy?

This is a discussion on Trading too easy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
Rookie

jg8809's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Trading too easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
While I do agree, keep in mind Jason Babin is 33 years old. Maybe I shouldn't have offered the 6th, though.
I would say you both came out well in this trade. If anything you on top.

You wanted rid of his contract and so you got what you wanted there. Would be surprised if the trade happened without the 6th rounder plus you got yourself a potential franchise CB, all for a 28th, cap hungry declining vet and a 6th rounder!

Good work!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #34
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lon515
well don't do stupid trades like 60 ovr all for 80 ovr... and a player might be good in your system but bad in their's so make sure its a good trade for them. i rarely get a trade declined
Haha! Who are you to assume I am doing stupid unrealistic trades? Considering I have never offered a 60 ovr for an 80 ovr so stop assuming and be quiet.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp801
On the flip side, has the CPU offered anyone trades to move up? Or do you have to Initiate it. Say I have the 1st pick but don't need it. I know I can trade it away, bu would a team offer me to move up before or during draft day?
If there is a team interested in your pick, you can choose the trade down option. They you will see the teams interested and the picks offered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks. Haven't even got to my first draft yet. Are the picks the CPU wantS to use to trade up pretty realistic?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I simulated a season with the Browns and surprisingly did well ending up with a 22nd overall draft pick.

I traded that and a forth round for the Chiefs first overall pick. I'm surprised they accepted. I may be wrong but isn't that way too easy? Would that even happen in the NFL?
I think you guys just got lucky. To move from 10 to 4, I had to give up a 1st next year and 2nd this year. I tried the same trade to move to 1, 2, and 3 and got denied each time.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp801
Thanks. Haven't even got to my first draft yet. Are the picks the CPU wantS to use to trade up pretty realistic?
Usually. Once I had the 3rd overall pick and was offered an extra 1st and 2nd to move back to 6th
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdipoce
Lol @ "pro bowl receiver". I suppose if someone offered you 1st, 2nd and Donovan McNabb for the 2nd overall pick you'd take it...after all you're getting a pro bowl QB.

That trade would not happen in the NFL.
last time i checked santonio is still young and with a Superbowl mvp, so your statement does nothing to dispute my argument.

just keep nitpicking the game while i have fun playing and getting my money's worth ..BARS!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #40
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Haha! Who are you to assume I am doing stupid unrealistic trades? Considering I have never offered a 60 ovr for an 80 ovr so stop assuming and be quiet.
it wasnt an assumption it was an example, but if you got that much of a guilty conscience that's on you,

if you use smart trade logic guess what happens ,trade accepted... BARS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »