Home

How to double team a WR?

This is a discussion on How to double team a WR? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to double team a WR?

How to double team a WR?
Please help.

I tried everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How to double team a WR?

I'm not sure what playbooks it's in, but i know theres a few Double X, Double Z and Double Y. Those mean double coverage on the X, Y or Z reciever. I'm pretty sure you can also use another corner or safety that's in zone, then use down on the D-pad to bring up his options, then pick man coverage and pick who you want to double. then you'll have 2 people in man on one guy.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

When on defense, select the defensive player you want to double team. Hit down on the D-Pad. Once that screen pops up, you should see a bunch of different audibles, one will be man coverage (right stick down i think). Once you do that, select the button that appears over the receiver. You will be in man coverage.

Also, something that a lot of people overlook, you can also hit up on the D-pad before the play starts, then "A" ("X" on ps3) and you will see another menu where you can highlight that receiver, back off, press cover, shade left, or shade right. If you know the routes that they are running, that is something to try out as well...however if you choose the wrong one you are likely to get burnt for a decent gain.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick question If you decide to press cover let's say your in 2 man press or something Do all cornerbacks press @ the LOS? If I want them to

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dukes
Quick question If you decide to press cover let's say your in 2 man press or something Do all cornerbacks press @ the LOS? If I want them to

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
If you hit up on the D-pad then down you will press the outside corners. if you want to do it individually, you can hit up on the D-pad, then X or A. Then pick the reciever you want to press and hit his button then down and he'll be pressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

how to i get safeties to man align their targets?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

It's all within the individual coverage schemes. you can switch to that player pre-snap and set them to man align by pressing down on the d-pad then selecing Man Align i believe. I suggest going into practice on defense and learning the d-pad assignments, very helpful for pass coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »