Home

Biggest Suprise player?

This is a discussion on Biggest Suprise player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Biggest Suprise player?

During the Pre-Season, I played two games. Nick Toon was dropping almost every pass and fumbled once. I was really thinking about cutting him but decided not too because Marquis Colston got injured and Toon had a decent CIT rating to replace until I get Colston back. I put him as my #3 reciever so he'd play slot.

First game vs Redskins. 8 catches, 71 yards. Second game @ Panthers. 11 catches, 113 yards with a TD. This guy was on fire at playing slots. He was my go to guy on in routes and could break away from most defensive backs. Though he had 3 fumbles from basically me trying to truck linebackers with a WR, this guy has great potential and the speed that Colston lacks.

I hope he performs this well in the NFL.

Also, Martez Wilson has done great as a DE. He has 13 tackles, a sack, and FR in 2 games.

I traded Will Smith for CB Marcus Trufant and he had a pick six against the Panthers.

We were 2-0 but I haven't played CCM since. The simulated stats issue was a game killer. I remember seeing Andrew Luck throw for 618 yards, 7 TDs, and a pick in week one. I thought it was just by chance but over half of the league scored 40+ points in the first 2 weeks.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #18
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

I just signed Darren McFadden to a 4-year deal, even after Lamar Miller ran for 1400 and 8 TD's. I just couldn't pass it up and I had mucho cap space. It'c okay though, because I'm saving up to buy the development boost for Lamar (at ~41,000 XP now) and he'll still get plenty of touches as the #2 back. By the time DMC's contract is up, Lamar could be a star.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Brandon Banks in the return game. IDK if he's actually known for returns, but I took 8 KO's and 5 punts back for TD's in 1 season.
Brandon banks last year rarely saw the field outside of return game irl.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #20
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

Roscoe Parrish.

I signed him to join the Lions receiving core and he has become a weapon for us, Perfect Slot Receiver with his speed and he's only a 67 overall.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #21
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
I traded for jaquizz Rodgers since I've been an osu season tix holder for 12 years now and he beasts it up for me backing up Doug Martin. I put Blount on the trade block hoping to get a 5th or 6th for him. I signed his bro James Rodgers and he would have been my #4 WR and kr/pr if he did break his leg in the week 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not really a suprise considering where he was picked but Dont'a Hightower has been brutal for me. Injured Reggie Bush for 30 weeks, David Garrard for 20 weeks, Peyton Manning for 8 weeks (and as it turns out the rest of his career), and a few others too. He's a killer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »