Home

Three questions about scouting / the draft and CCM Saving.

This is a discussion on Three questions about scouting / the draft and CCM Saving. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Three questions about scouting / the draft and CCM Saving.

Really liking the new CCM and I'm looking forward as it continues to evolve in the future. Just have two quick questions for scouting and the draft that hopefully someone can answer.

1) Is there a Scouting period in the off-season where I get a lot more Scouting XP? I like how it is during the season but I'm afraid I don't have enough points each week to see as many players as I really want. With only 2000 I can get a good picture of maybe one player per week, probably less if I start targeting skill players (only started scouting DTs and LBs the first few weeks). I'm just afraid I'm going to get to the draft and only have a small handful of guys deeply scouted and then I won't end up with any of them available so I'll have to shoot for the dark.

2) Concerning the draft itself, how accurate is each player's Projected Selection? I'm guessing there's a little leeway both ways, but if I want a player who's supposed to go with the 1st pick in the 2nd Round and I have the last pick of the 1st Round, should I plan on trading up a few spots (say up to 27) to make sure I get him? I know in the previous few years players usually went higher than projected.

Finally, my third question is just about online CCM. Does the mode just auto-save after everything I do? For instance, if I go through a draft and I dislike what went down, is there any possible way to go back before it? Or am I stuck with the results? Is there any way to turn to a manual save type deal?

Thanks for any and all help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Three questions about scouting / the draft and CCM Saving.

For your third question...It auto saves if you choose to do it online while offline you have to save everything manually.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

There is a scouting period in the offseason and you do get more pts but I don't know if I would say it is significant. But as long as you had a decent year you should be able to get double scouting pts trait and that is huge.

For a player's draft projection -- I don't trust it. It lets you know what round and what order position wise a guy may be taken, but don't count on actual pick number.

Here is an example: I wanted a MLB who was projected to go 20th but was also the second ranked ILB. The first was projected to go 19th but he went 9th. My guy was taken 10th. So if a guy you are targeting is the highest rated player at his position and you are within ~20picks of his projection he can be picked at any time. Whether or not you should trade up depends on the player. If it is a 3-4pass rushing OLb and most teams ahead of you are 4-3 teams you are safe, but if a player matches the team's scheme he may be selected (even if that position is not listed as a need)

Online saves automatically after every action. So you really have to plan for the draft. I like it.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Some players will get drafted alot higher than expected, but very few. Some will slide the draft boards because of injury or other reasons, like off the field. I drafted a WR Douglas Adams in the first round, only to be able to get the other CB i wasn't sure to take first or not in the 3rd round, even though he was projected for the first round. Cool thing was, when i drafted him, Ross Tucker tweeted that "the #Patriots may have found the steal of the draft in CB R. Legania." Apparently they were right, He started with a 79 OVR and is my second CB. He's a little lower rated than one of my other corners, but he blossomed in pre-season and opened the game of the year with a endzone pick of Drew Brees. Also saw a 1st round pick also blow out his knee in pre-season and end up getting cut the next year and never playing again.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Rookie

I've found that if you go through and find out every players awereness (which only costs 25, or 125 if you get the actual rating) then you can just target players who have above aveage awareness and you dont waste time scouting players who have <30 AWR, because theyll never be great. Plus you can fid some great steals in later rounds this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

U do receive extra xp after the season all the way up until the draft. U should scout key attributes that pertain towards ur system that u run. U should also write the players u covet down along w their attributes bcuz unless I'm missing the option, there is no way to see the ratings u scouted while u r in the draft. Crazy, yea I know. They also need to address the draft by giving us what other teams may need so that we can have an idea of when we should trade up to grab the guy we want. As it stands the teams just draft randomly. I wanted a corner who was projected to go in the 4th round but Tue ravens took him in the 3rd round. Point is I had no idea they we after a corner otherwise I might've traded up cuz I really wanted this corner.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Another question I have and don't want to clog the board with:

Is there any way to change the quarter length for other teams' sims? It's bugging me that I'm putting up good offensive showings each week (400-400+ yards a game) yet I'm only ranked 28th or so in the league in offensive yardage. Do the other games in the league just sim at whatever quarter length I set it to?

EDIT: Strike that, I tried not being an idiot and using the search engine. I can just play my game at whatever time I want, change the quarter length down to 7 minutes afterwards, advance a week and the stats will be more balanced. Duh.

Last edited by Cory Levy; 09-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

can they possibly make Online CCM auto saves - manual saves in next patch? saving automatically on everything is very annoying....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »